EA needs to check leader boards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EA needs to check leader boards!

Why are these people able to get away with this? EA please ban or at least clean their scores, please!

Re: EA needs to check leader boards!

Yup.....

Like there wasn't people exploiting the system since BF2.

I'm more worried about aimbots and wall hacks, as those can ruin my in-game experience.

Oh, and, in real life, people will cheat and lie to get to the top, too.

Comment

Meh...it's a video game.

I'm sure they will be banned though.

But apparently the server files have all ready been leaked. Jesus Christ EA.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I hope there entire origin account is banned, that would be epic!
        PSN: Xclusiveitalian
        Steam: Stryker
        Origin: Xclusiveitalian
        Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

i hope there computer blows up on them like in Die hard 4

Comment

DiCE needs to fix the Swiss Cheese version of their engine. Defaced is the group that released the server files already, and modded ranked servers have popped up. The entire leaderboard is corrupt right now. In fact, if you sort it by Score Per Minute, it's safe to say the top 200 players are ALL hackers.

The solution is to get someone at DiCE who is really good at math to develop a good algorithm that determines whether a player is getting a realistic score. For example, even if you're an A1 top player, it would be pretty damn hard to get 60 kills per minute. That's 1 every second. Players don't spawn that fast. They have to sit down and think, "What are the realistic limits a player could achieve, given even the most extraordinary gameplay?" Then build that math into an engine that will determine if that player is hacking or not. Then reset any player that exceeds that level.

Of coarse, everyone has good games every now and then. Sometimes you get lucky and get in a chopper with a really good pilot and can rack up some good kills. That should still be considered normal.

But given the amount of kills in a given time period, the math should shake out the hackers.

Would DiCE do this? Probably not. They're more focused on making the games, not policing them. But it would be nice to know if they did.

Comment

I dont think resetting people is the answer. With the top 200 players some have SPM's over 1 million so resetting them will simply last a matter of minutes before they are straight back up there again. I think the most realistic way to do it is to simply have 2 leader boards, one for legit players and one for hackers. Otherwise just ban them altogether.

Comment

As far as leaderboards go, the solution is easier then that. Get rid of the leader boards.

This debate has been done to death already though and I dont feel bothered to go into it all as there are pros and cons to both, but instead of focusing on leader boards, focus on securing the game, which no company seems to care. It helps get people onto the next game.
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Personally, I find corrupt leader boards another form of entertainment offered by the game. I always get a good laugh (really) when I look through stats for people like that. And BattleLog just makes it soo much easier to keep up on them. And lets say for Devil's Advocate sake, you are good enough to be in the top 50 or the top 10 (legit.) It's still a video game. I know for a fact if I told anyone I was THAT good at a game, their first response would be "get out much?"

Comment

You can't get rid of the leaderboards. A major part of the appeal of BF3 is the stats that you generate. If you can't generate stats and compare them against your buddies, then BF3 just turns into another shooter where one match doesn't matter any more than another match. It would be like the days I played Halo (PC). I'd get 1st place, game would end, a new one would start and getting 1st place in that last match now means nothing. Where you finish, or how many kills you get has no meaning, and the game would just turn into frag fests like Quake.

So, you can't get rid of the stats. They need to be properly policed.

I can even put up with hackers that have aimbots and such, because they still PLAY the game. Sure, their stats might be a little better, but not by much, when compared to the hackers that run their own modded servers. The hackers that do that make the leaderboards really unbalanced.

Its really sad how bad DiCE has fallen on their face with this game. Its god bad maps, bugs, a bad UI, and the leaderboard is ruined after 1 week.

I remember during the 1st 2 years of BF2, people were complaining about LORDOFWEED, who was the #1 player for many months. Many complained that he bunny hopped and grenade spammed too much. People would look at his stats and wonder how he was playing 22 hours a day. It became obvious that LORDOFWEED was more than one person. But, either way, HE, or THEY, still played the game. Stats weren't inflated by hacked modded servers.

But that's the case now. Hackers have found vulnerabilities in the game's engine that boost stats tremendously. This is a major FAIL on DiCE's part.

Comment

lol at that profile picture......is that patcher?

Stats killed true PUB teamwork in BF games....brought all the wrong kind of players.....and EA loves it....because they brought their wallets with them, better than crack.........that being said you just have to find the right group of guys to play with. stats can be a good motivator but they can do it for all the wrong reasons.

Comment

Im not saying get rid of stats. I'm saying get rid of the leaderboard. 1942 didn't have stats. I don't think Vietnam did either.

But yeah, those are some of the arguments and reasons.
                        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Seen loads of people around rank 40/50, all in the same clan. Stat padding much?

Comment

leaderboards are nothing but showcase for who's the best padder/expoliter.

it really has no purpose and never did since the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                            X