X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Server Owners Thread

Hey folks,

Long time no see...

Back in the BF2 and 2142 days, you guys had a server owners thread that was moderated by Topdogger of TW at the time.

Does such a section exist today for BF3?

thanks,
    hairy

Re: BF3 Server Owners Thread

Thread? Wasn't there a whole forum for server owners?

Comment

If there was an entire forum it would still be here. I can sticky this one if you like?
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

There was a Sub Forum dedicated to Server Owners, but I don't know if it was completely removed or not. During one of the transfers.

Comment

Yar, if I remember you guys actually validated that people requesting ownership were in fact Server Ops.

Comment

Not to put a poopoo on things, but since BF3 comes with Battlelog, and Battlelog has its own forum, the traffic here is not nearly what it was in BF2 days. So why have a server owners sub forum?

Comment

I don't really care for the Battlelog forum. Its mostly bitching and OT replies.
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Yeah and it also scrolls so fast I dont see how anyone can get help in it either.
                Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Hey...

Yes it was a whole section and there was a validation process but I think it was a fait accomplis for anyone who went to the trouble of saying they were an owner.

I'm looking for something similar where owners discuss woes with their servers and help each other out. The Battlelog forums seem to only have whining and bitching, and nothing constructive.

I want to know why my server can be packed for a week, full to the brim and some days it doesn't even get so much as a whisper. My GSP released this blurb about a possible cause:

DICE have given word that as of ~30mins ago there has been fixes to the server browser which should result in more servers getting a fair shot at being in the list of servers shown for any given criteria.
                  In essence the list is now larger, 300 servers, and is randomised.
                  But I can't put my finger on it.

We're nowhere as big as the big name brands gaming networks and communities but that shouldn't matter right? Doesn't HC, good ping and desirable conditions still carry the torch?

I miss BF2.

Comment

I know our GSP hinted at issues with EA/DICE registering servers to be available for quickmatch about a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by finc.hairy
                      Hey...

Yes it was a whole section and there was a validation process but I think it was a fait accomplis for anyone who went to the trouble of saying they were an owner.

I'm looking for something similar where owners discuss woes with their servers and help each other out. The Battlelog forums seem to only have whining and bitching, and nothing constructive.

I want to know why my server can be packed for a week, full to the brim and some days it doesn't even get so much as a whisper. My GSP released this blurb about a possible cause:

But I can't put my finger on it.

We're nowhere as big as the big name brands gaming networks and communities but that shouldn't matter right? Doesn't HC, good ping and desirable conditions still carry the torch?

I miss BF2.
                      quick match was and still is pretty broken, your server was so full because only 150 servers were working with quickmatch and you were one of those lucky few, now it's been made to draw from more servers and this is why you see the masses of empty ones, there's way too many servers for the player count, these player numbers are in the BFBC2 realm.

It's supply and demand issue right now and there are just wayyyy too many servers for the player count even with the fudged quick join feature. You cant go targeting cookie cutter COD players 2 weeks before their next fix and then wonder why they left......as much as i hate to say it COD devastated the player count because those were the types of people EA targeted for quick cash.

Comment

Working...
                      X