Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kharg conquest jets gameplay

You can totally steal enemy jets btw.

EDIT: Looks like in the end, getting the flares is one disable and one vehicle destroy, and air to air is around 5 disables or 2 disables and 2 destroy, if you get kills on top of that maybe it will be just one chopper kill

Re: Kharg conquest jets gameplay

From the video, I can say that I'm a bit dissapointed in the size of the map. I thought BF3 was supposed to release HUGE maps. This map looks like pretty much flying around in a box. I mean, as soon as you take off, you've 3 seconds away from the enemy carrier. Heck, even on the smallest BF2 map, you had a good distance to go to get to the enemy airfield.

I really wonder if the map size has something to do with the console limitations.

Comment

No offense, but go back to BF2 in... Oman for example wich is a medium sized map, take off from the MEC airstrip and count the seconds til you first see the US carrier; it's around the same time.

The BIG difference, is you can actually see from your base to the enemy base in BF3.

Comment

These are console maps, they're going to be smaller..

Comment

Maybe its because its a console map. That's what I'm hoping.

Comment

I don't think its that huge of a size difference, just the fog of war makes it seem like the older maps were larger. For instance, as I was playing some BF2 mods on coop servers this weekend, I realized that most of the time I was flying under 300 meters- above which the fog of war wouldn't let me see the ground. Same thing with distance, it was hard to see more than 300 meters ahead, and it took roughly 4-5 seconds to get to the enemy main with a jet. Of course, the size of the maps could very well be smaller in BF3, but hopefully DICE will prove that bigger is not always better.

Comment

no, the PC maps ar pretty much exactly this size, only added more flags and bigger oob.

Maps are still massive but the higher draw distance makes them look smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Crzy_Puffin
                These are console maps, they're going to be smaller..
                This.

Comment

No, some BF2 maps were pretty large. I mean, on Zatar Wetlands, you take off from the carrier, fly over the mountains and then its another 7 seconds or so at full blast before you're at the enemy uncap. So, from the carrier to the uncap, its maybe 12 seconds.

From the looks of this video, once you take off on the road, get up in the air, just take a short dive and you're at the enemy carrier. That's probably 1/4th the size of most BF2 air maps.

I really really hope I'm wrong about this, or I'll really be disappointed.

Comment

Taking off on a street? Really :/

Anyway, the maps will not be any bigger play area wise on PC. This is the 32 map version. The only difference will be that PC gets an extra flag for the 64 player version. Maybe you will get larger out of bounds areas, but that doesn't effect anything else. The flag placement and distances are all the same.
                    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

What a waste of space and that is half the size of a map like zatar or dragon valley.

I hope this is console cause if not its fail.

Comment

That lead calculation thingy on the HUD seems to be completely useless?

Comment

Working...
                        X