Check your video drivers before BF3 launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your video drivers before BF3 launch

Nvidia posted that the day before launch there will be a new driver with a lot of fixes. Ive read on other sites that AMD/ATI users will be OK, but it wouldnt hurt to double check.

Keep up to date with the latest announcements & discussions on the hot topics.
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: Check your video drivers before BF3 launch

Now will it be a beta version or not?
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

AMD/ATi - http://support.amd.com/it/kbarticles...eDriverV3.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
        Now will it be a beta version or not?
        Dont know and I dont guess we will until they release them.
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto

those were for the beta, ATI just put out a new CAP the other day with even better BF3 optimization. (although i just noticed it looks like they updated the date on those 11.10 preview drivers, but nothing has changed in the info, it still refers to the BF3 beta and the CAP below is 1 day newer)

Get the competitive edge for AI, data center, business computing solutions & gaming with AMD processors, graphics, FPGAs, Adaptive SOCs, & software.

hopefully next week ATI will put out a full driver package. I would just be sure to use driver sweeper to get all traces of the old and beta drivers removed from your system then install the current official driver release, then install the CAP 3, i think that might be better than mixing a newer preview driver and an older builds CAP package (11.9)

ATI Catalyst Application Profiles 0.5 MB 11.9 CAP 3 10/19/2011
          Description:
          This release of ATI Catalyst™ delivers support for the latest ATI CrossFireX™ profiles in a separate executable file ensuring users have access to the absolute latest set of profiles installed on their PC.

New profiles added to this release:
          - Battlefield 3 – Provides great CrossFire scaling and resolves flickering/corruption issues when running in CrossFire mode

I just put up a thread in AMD's forum asking for a proper procedure for BF3 driver install, I'll update here if anyone clarifies.

Comment

I ran the Beta on my AMD 11.8 drivers no problem, and my crossfired 5850 were still giving me above 60FPS, having a i7-2600k helps, this game loves CPU cores alot. I'll see how it goes in retail, and most likely will just wait until the offical 11.10 drivers get released. I also didn't get any flickering during the beta with those drivers, which is weird since Bad company 2 flickers every now and then.

Comment

Originally posted by .:DoA:.Power
              those were for the beta, ATI just put out a new CAP the other day with even better BF3 optimization. (although i just noticed it looks like they updated the date on those 11.10 preview drivers, but nothing has changed in the info, it still refers to the BF3 beta and the CAP below is 1 day newer)
              They are a newer revision. The Beta drivers were Version 2, these are 3 and are identical to the Official 11.10's due to be released at the end of the month.

The CAP is for Crossfire setups.

Originally posted by sithdemon
              I ran the Beta on my AMD 11.8 drivers no problem, and my crossfired 5850 were still giving me above 60FPS, having a i7-2600k helps, this game loves CPU cores alot.
              Afraid not. BF3 is GPU dependent, in fact the CPU doesn't matter a great deal. There is an image of a Benchmark somewhere from the Beta, Sandybrige vs AMD vs a Dual Core all using a GTX580, There was a 13fps difference between the Dual Core and the top Quad Core.

Edit: Found it.

Source

Comment

nice, I'm glad to see that, I needed a video card bad so I went ahead and got a really nice 580. I'll update everything else soon enough. I want to play the game on the q9550 oc'd and go from there. Card runs 85C but it's stock oc'd a good bit. I think I'll probably end up with two.

Comment

Originally posted by LunaTiK TunaLiK
                  nice, I'm glad to see that, I needed a video card bad so I went ahead and got a really nice 580. I'll update everything else soon enough. I want to play the game on the q9550 oc'd and go from there. Card runs 85C but it's stock oc'd a good bit. I think I'll probably end up with two.
                  Now remember to turn off the heating in your room, because 1 of those will keep it toasty and 2 will be like you on a beach in Barbados.

Comment

never got an answer from the AMD forums on proper install.....shock!!

I'll tell you though, i did a reformat last night getting ready for BF3, even though i used driver sweeper previously to clean out every trace before re-installing new or beta drivers; with the clean reformat on 11.10 preview drivers and the CAP 3 my 3dmark11 score went up over 500 points so that would leave me to believe the beta drivers may have fubared stuff on a deeper level, at-least as far as multiple GPU's are concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by .:DoA:.Power
                      never got an answer from the AMD forums on proper install.....shock!!

I'll tell you though, i did a reformat last night getting ready for BF3, even though i used driver sweeper previously to clean out every trace before re-installing new or beta drivers; with the clean reformat on 11.10 preview drivers and the CAP 3 my 3dmark11 score went up over 500 points so that would leave me to believe the beta drivers may have fubared stuff on a deeper level, at-least as far as multiple GPU's are concerned.
                      Should be simple enough.. Remove old drivers > restart > install new drivers & cap (sometimes it asks for a restart but not always).

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
                        Should be simple enough.. Remove old drivers > restart > install new drivers & cap (sometimes it asks for a restart but not always).

.....in an ideal world.......driver sweeper will always find traces of old drivers, ALWAYS.....uninstall never really removes them and it looks like driver sweeper must of even missed some of the beta drivers.

I was just looking for some clarification from someone over there if it's really a good idea to mix an older release drivers CAP with a pre release driver. It doesn't seem to be an issue though, atleast on my end.

Comment

Ah I don't bother with driver sweeper, I know where all the AMD/ATi folders are installed and delete them accordingly.

Comment

AMD/ATi - http://support.amd.com/it/kbarticles...eDriverV3.aspx

Nvidia 285.62 - http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=213670

Comment

Working...
                            X