Install on 2 computers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install on 2 computers?

So basically im putting together my new computer by the end of the month but i dont want to have to wait that long to play BF3 which runs just about on my current machine. What i want to know is will it be ok to install it on this computer and then once i have built my new one, install it on that and have NO problems?

Re: Install on 2 computers?

Uninstall it from the old one, backing up the BF3 folder in My Doc's, install on the new one and copy across the folder,, should be fine.

Comment

So there wont be any issues in terms of DRM or anything?

Comment

Why would you have to uninstall Origin? Shouldn't it be like Steam or impulse, and you just log into the Application at one computer at a time, but can have it installed on multiple machines?

Comment

Well im getting the game through retail so it will have a disc. What i want to make sure of is that once i have downloaded the files onto one computer, i can them download the files to the second (new) computer and it still work.

Comment

You know, I'm like you. I'm buying the disc gased game at Gamestop. I don't know how that integrates with Origin. I'm assuming it will install both, and then you sign into Origin which launches Battlelog, which then launches the game. So, in your case, you would install it on the 2nd computer and see if it bitches at you for having it installed on another PC. I don't know much about Origin, but I think the problem will be there.

Comment

I don't think so, but I can't say for sure.
              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I'm sure Origin will only allow you to be logged in once. At first I thought you were buying the download, then yes, it may be a pain to copy the files from one PC to another if Origin isn't setup as well as Steam (my guess.) In which case, I'd be sure to save the install files you downloaded. There's a check box for it in the Origin options.

Since you have a disk, I would suspect 0 errors. Provided you aren't logged in to Origin on the first PC still. It's not like the game is locked to your PC. It's locked to your Origin account. Heck, I bet you could login as you on someone else PC if they had BF3 installed.

Scinto has the right part to copy over if you want to keep all your settings, but I'd only really worry about save games from the SP. Settings are easy enough to reconfigure.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                  Well im getting the game through retail so it will have a disc. What i want to make sure of is that once i have downloaded the files onto one computer, i can them download the files to the second (new) computer and it still work.
                  If you cant do that, then the game will effectively be tied to the same, non-upgradeable computer forever. I cant see that happening.

Comment

Good point, thanks guys

Comment

Explore PC video games available for download right now. Electronic Arts is a leading publisher of games for the PC, consoles, and mobile.

Origin streamlines the download process, for quick, easy installation and use. Direct download of PC games requires the Origin client, and once you have it, you'll be able to access your game library from virtually anywhere. You can even play your favorite games on other PCs when you're on the go.

you should be good to go.

Comment

Origin is way better than Steam; with Steam you have to revalidate on every goddamn PC you want to reinstall games, and you have to back up the entire installation folder, wich is not even a real installation.

with Origin you'll get a INSTALLER that is basically a converted ISO image. the only advantage Steam has is when a game has a tons of patches, with Origin you'd have to download each individually, but you can have those backed up too just in case; Origin asks you if you'd like to keep the installer files after download/install, and puts them in a folder so you can reuse later.

Aside from that, once you have them, you can install in as many computers as you like as long as there is no other DRM in place, wich at least no BF has had so far.

Comment

Working...
                        X