Pretty important news.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty important news.

A lot of people have been talking about a few things that have not been confirmed. Well, now they are. First a dev said, "no, if you fire you will not show up on the mini map." Now the lead dev said " you will."

He also said,

@Thylander
    Fredrik Thylander

@forestnoir It makes you light up on minimap for a split second. Add silencer to avoid it.

This is a bit of CoD4 ish, but I do not mind it. How do you guess feel about it. From what he is saying it will only show up when you fire then go away. Seems ok to me.

https://twitter.com/#!/Thylander

Re: Pretty important news.

Yeah, me too. Gives more reason to use a silencer. The silencer weakens the gun a bit and if there is no other reason to use one, then why have them at all?

CoDish, yeah, but I dont have an issue with it.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah don't have a issue with it, firstly it's pretty silly if you take your eyes off the screen to look in the corner of the screen to see where a target might be on only the x and y axis. It dosen't account for the z axis, and well now that games have building that are more then 2 stories to them it really becomes a crutch at times. Especially with Battlefield where the sound is so well done, that's how I find targets a lot easier in most games, even most of the previous call of duties.

Plus if this gameplay feature isn't to your liking much like call of duty it self, just play the hardcore servers.

Also I'm finding it disheartning when we call something "CODish", it's too general a term, and sounds the same as "consolized", which are just ways of instanly writing off something without a proper discussion. I might as well call all FPSs Wolenstinish. Not to single you out Cpt.Crunch. I just find all this pre-release trash talking is getting really silly on some forums. I don't plan on playing MW3, but I've kept up with what they are trying to show with their new game. Yeah it's not what I'm looking for and I get that it hasn't changed enough for a lot of peoples tastes, but if you write something off without looking into it, it's basicly bigotry and ignorance. Plus If treyarch makes a pure Zombie game, I think some of us might pay attention, and if the MW series bring in vehicles, I think people will be actually be reading articles before casting judgement.

Comment

It could work with the current state of the mini-map (not very detailed). And it's not like it's very different from the BF2 UAV.
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

It's unnecessary if the sound system is any good. In COD4 and WaW I know exactly where a person is when I hear them shoot. I even shoot people through walls at times hearing their footsteps, etc.

Good for people without headsets though.

Comment

I like it, i mean if your firing a weapon your presence is pretty much known and when your not, well, then your presence is not =p At-least silencers won't be just for aesthetics.
            PSN: Xclusiveitalian
            Steam: Stryker
            Origin: Xclusiveitalian
            Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
              It's unnecessary if the sound system is any good. In COD4 and WaW I know exactly where a person is when I hear them shoot. I even shoot people through walls at times hearing their footsteps, etc.

I have never been able to do that, even with a high quality headset

IMHO it is like the cross-hair. Unrealistic, but replaces real-life input that the game cant present realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                Yeah, me too. Gives more reason to use a silencer. The silencer weakens the gun a bit and if there is no other reason to use one, then why have them at all?

CoDish, yeah, but I dont have an issue with it.

Crunch
                If they renamed this game to Battlefield : Call of Duty, heck if they renamed unlocks to "Perks", you still wouldn't have an issue with it, isn't that right? They could sell cheat codes as part of expansion packs, you still wouldn't criticize them. I seriously think you are in bed with them (DICE) in some shape or form, either they are bribing you with free games, or you or your family works for them.

OP,

This is pretty retarded, I don't think this game will survive unless the hardcore mode is somewhat decent. I'm not sure how TWL vets will even play this game, with BF2 they may BF2 Pro, but with this, that's not even possible.

Comment

Originally posted by DerStig
                  This is pretty retarded, I don't think this game will survive unless the hardcore mode is somewhat decent. I'm not sure how TWL vets will even play this game, with BF2 they may BF2 Pro, but with this, that's not even possible.
                  I am guessing the vast majority of BF3 players couldn't care less how many "professional" BF2 players declare it a failure.
                  We will just enjoy it in blissful ignorance.

Comment

If they renamed this game to Battlefield : Call of Duty, heck if they renamed unlocks to "Perks", you still wouldn't have an issue with it, isn't that right? They could sell cheat codes as part of expansion packs, you still wouldn't criticize them. I seriously think you are in bed with them (DICE) in some shape or form, either they are bribing you with free games, or you or your family works for them.
                    Alright Stig, youre on to me. Here is a big secret no one here knew about me. Get ready for it. I hope everyone is sitting down: Im a gamer.

THERE! I SAID IT! I LOVE ALL TYPES OF GAMES! Im not going to deny it anymore. I view games for myself and try them out and if I like them, I buy them. I dont have any biased for one game or another, Ive played CoD and Battlefield at the SAME time!

You need to get to know me Stig. I know it bothers you, but I tend to be very neutral overall on games and peoples opinions. I believe many are wrong in what they say, but Im sure many think the same of me. For instance; I think recon/sniper is necessary and a great part of a game. Many think otherwise and hate the class. I think camping is a valid tactic, yet I dont tend to do it myself. Im very vocal in the EA UK forums as I feel most their opinions are wrong and when I lay it out, they admit they are just mad they are not getting BF2.7.

So anyway, enough about me. You can read my posts throughout this site. I have a lot of them and you can figure me out that way. There are things I am against on BF3, if you take the time you could make a list of them, but it would take effort that I doubt you are willing to put forward.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-

Same, though its annoying when there are people talking in TS

Whats wrong with being open minded?

Comment

That reminds me, I think Vreki had the quote "The problem with having an open mind is that people want to fill it back up." Or something like that

Crunch

Comment

" The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."
                          Terry Pratchett is a genius, but I like your version too

Comment

Mines just a short off the top of my head version I like the original wording much better.

Crunch

Comment

OP,

How is it retarded for you to show up on the mini map for a brief second? If anything it makes it so you just can't spam shots when someone runs away. The point is the suppressor needed a reason to be in the game. They felt that maybe this might make more people use this item. Next, HC mode IMO is/ alway will be bad. Who wants a game in which one shot kills?

TWL, TGL, CAL, I have no problem with this game. This game has things I don't like or care for much, but that is not going to change. I don't like the fact recon does not have demo packs or gaymores. But I am not going to cry about it. The more games come out the more things get made easier for newer players.

TLDR: This game will have a lot of things that will be good, and some which a small amount of players won't like. But the 11 million plus players far out weigh the 5000 or 6000 QQ not BF2 fanboys. Like I said this game has things I like and don't like. It is all about who you play with and having fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X