Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOFLAM explained

Hi yo guys

i found this article from N4G about the SOFLAM, turns out if you want he Javelin o act like AA you will need to paint the jets in order for your mate to take it down.

Anyways sounds good here is the extract and below it the source link

"As for the SOFLAM gadget, it seems that points are also rewarded accordingly for assisting in destroying vehicles. Thylander had this to say about laser painting: “The person who painted gets each point of damage…” He continued, “note also, though a javelin cannot lock on an air target by itself, [it] can lock on painted stuff. And, SOFLAM can paint air targets.” What I like about this is that it really encourages the Recon class to be more active in assisting other teammates, especially the Engineer class in this case, with his Javelin."

Source: http://mp1st.com/2011/10/16/bf3-reco...flam-detailed/

Re: SOFLAM explained

Ooh, so they finally implemented it after taking it out of BF2. Awesome.

Comment

Yeah I had exactly the first BF2 trailer in mind with the Spec Ops (the old Recon class) and the SOFLAM painting the T90.

Comment

wait a sec, we had soflam in BF2 lulz i never new :P i saw it in project reality but never thought it was in vanilla :P

Comment

No it was removed in retail BF2 but it was in the E3 trailer. There also was a Blackhawk with rocket pod, a boat, 128 players and others things I forgot.

Comment

thanks Infernalis, speaking about 128 players, you guys remember of when the beta was hacked and there were 128 servers? does this mean BF3 will have support for this?

Comment

No it will not. Yes, it can do it, no it will not do it officially.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Hopefully it works the way you'd hope. One guy paints the target from a distance and the Engineer(s), safely out of sight, can fire up in the air and have his rocket come down on the target. Only question would be if it's a squad only function, or if any Engineer could lock on to the painted target.

The counter would be if the target pops smoke, it should show the laser beam so you know where you're being targeted from.

Comment

As a recon guy, I can say I will be using this like crazy. You guys want some easy points, look for me

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The info for the Javelin video has also been updated, apparently it will be possible to switch to top-attack mode.
                    I wonder if it migh be self-targeting only at short range? It is hard to tell from the video.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                      As a recon guy, I can say I will be using this like crazy. You guys want some easy points, look for me

Crunch
                      Yeah, if i manage to play once it's out, i'm sure ill be playing with you guys, it was amazing how i joined you and Mr.Trooper in US servers and i could play perfectly, it was just awesome i had like a ping of just 100. Hope it stays that way

Comment

will defo be looking out for a TGN server...just hope i don't lag though :P

Comment

Working...
                        X