BF3 Playing strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF3 Playing strategy

So with the beta we found out that you pretty much have minimal weapons when you are in a vehicle as well as infantry on the ground. So there are a few ways I think you could go into the game so that you dont get slaughtered right off the bat. These ideas are based off the beta and can all be null and void on release for all I know.

1. You can go into conquest guns blazing and just duke it out in vehicles. I would recommend going as engineer so you can repair and be a gunner in the tanks, APCs, and helis. I think thats going to get you vehicle unlocks the fastest. Though people dont like to play the role, gunners tend to rack up more kills than the driver. You see more and you have better weapons than the guy trying to not hit a tree. I recommended engineer because that kit has the AA and the mines. Once you get those you can start herassing other engineers and vehic;es.

2. Jets - You need flares. Not so much missles, but thats a huge plus, but having flares will keep you in the air longer. Probably the fastest way to do this is to horde the jet and kill helicopters and strafe infantry. Watch out for AA and youll probably have to take a few deaths in the mean time to build this up. Best bet is to get away and heal. Once you have flares you can then be a little more careless and work on getting the other things. I'm not sure if heli points go into a general pool or not, I didnt get to try that out, but if you can unlock flares and missles because you are a gunner in the heli, thats a good way to go. Watch out for those jets though.

3. Ranking up your classes - Default stuff is very limited. If you dont want to play against vehicles with an entry level engineer or support guy or whatever, you may be better off playing TDM or rush mode for a while to rack up the points and start unlocking items. One of the big reasons for this is that we all know conquest can be a bit long and take time whereas rush and TDM was designed for action and higher kill rates.

When it comes to weapons; you wont be able to remember how it was in the beta. Demize has stated a few times how "adjustments" have been made to a number of them. So killing yourself for that UMP probably wont matter in the end. I think gadgets will count better, such as the mines and AA for engineer, the c4 for support, the shock paddles for assault, and the radio for recon. Who knows what other options there will be.

So what are your thoughts? This all crazy and you should just play the game? You will unlock this stuff that way as well. I just think the vehicle stuff is important. Once you get that, you can do whatever.

What about better ideas?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Re: BF3 Playing strategy

In conquest i will probably play more engi. But in Rush or TDM I will probably go more with medic/assault.

Comment

As counter-bf-intuitive as it sounds, I was actually planning to play TDM my first couple rounds with each class. Long enough to get the first couple unlocks for each base weapon and see how the adjustments between beta and retail play. I've never been a pilot in any sense. BC2 was the first game I ever landed a chopper (properly) in BF. Not worried there.

My overall early BF3 Career Strategy is not to set my Death Streak. Funny as it sounds, I died 16 times before getting my first positive points in BF2. I had to laugh every time I saw that stat afterward.

The take away from that is, "Don't rush in!" Stick with your squad, stick with your squad, stick with your squad. Keep your head down. You'll be surprised how many people will run right past if you're prone in the brush. Don't take needless risks. Observe, spot, support, act as a spawn point. Let the other guy die for his team.

Comment

Yeah, thats good strategy for sure. If you dont make quick movements people tend to not notice you. By playing TDM you can get your kits better established.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          So what are your thoughts? This all crazy and you should just play the game? You will unlock this stuff that way as well. I just think the vehicle stuff is important. Once you get that, you can do whatever.
          It is not crazy, but you can always level up those vehicles which have a gunner. The real race will be the Jets, if you start too late you will be outclassed and defenseless, making it hard to get the essential unlocks.
          Also, I dont think you level up your class and vehicle at the same time, so you will not get any mines or stingers by being a gunner.

Comment

albeit having fun with the jets in the Beta ia m not much of a jet guy although i will be playing my fare share.

I am mostly an engie support guy witht he occasional option of playing assault. In vehicles i tend to act in secondary positions, i.e. gunner. As well as i like the option of playing TDM to rank up and get some weapons.

Back in BC2 i usually played one class at a time rank up them move to the next class, after unlocking all classes i differentiate All in all i believe a lot of man hours will be going into playing BF3 lol. As for the strategy i like to keep with a squad, i always join, and always support man just talking about this is getting me pumped up...well...off to playing TF2 its amazing i am playing it again i just love it

Comment

First thing I will do is unlock flares for the jets.
              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Working...
              X