Will there be a demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there be a demo?

Do you think DICE will release a demo like they did with BF2 and Gulf of Oman? Did they release a demo for BC2?

Re: Will there be a demo?

You would think we would have heard something by now considering were 10 days out from release so I doubt it.

Comment

I think demo will be out the day the game comes out. Beta's are our pre demos now.

Comment

Doubt it. That's what the Open Beta was for.

Comment

I dont think they will. BC2 did not have a demo.

It'd be nice if they did that or a free weekend or something later on.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

No, the game is rushed as it is and many key features might not be in the game. I don't see them taking any time to make a demo.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

well demo=sales!

I cannot think of any negaitives to it, other than meh were too lazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                well demo=sales!
                demo = lots of work.
                I don't think many of us doubt that they are working round the clock to meet their deadline.
                People are less forgiving of a Demo than a Beta, so it has to work almost as well as the real thing. And that means using building and testing resources that are much needed elsewhere.

Even after release, they will be so busy fixing bugs that they have little time for making a demo.

Comment

Vreki has it right. If you add up all the extra cost to put out a demo, it's a lot more than what they'd make via extra sales.

The few fence sitters who would actually be swayed by the demo will make their buy/pass decision based on post launch info. ie- if this place is dead in a month or two, or full of rants, they'll pass. If everyone is raving about how great the game is, they'll buy. Heck, remember they had to patch the BF2 demo after people figured out you could change one line in a config file and have access to all (6) the unlocks?

My personal opinion about demo's is you only really need them now a days unless your core game play (or some other aspect) is radically different from anything that's currently out there. Nobody wants to chance $60 on something new without trying it out first. This is a catch-22 though since no publisher is going to spend $$$ financing something that new in the first place. The folks doing new stuff are selling their games for $4.99 on Steam or iTunes.

Comment

they have been building this thing for 3 years, talk about dis-organised

Comment

Dont you have anything positive to say? lol....like they have been building an awesome brand new game engine from the ground up for the past three years, talk about dedicated....

Its not like they have had a demo worthy build for 3 years....you saw the beta, would you rather they focus on fixing the bugs from the beta in time for release....or fixing some bugs then spending the rest of the time building a demo for a small % of the community.

I know for me, I'd rather they took this very short period from the beta to release and fix as much as they can...then once the game goes gold start working on a patch for the stuff they couldn't get in time.

Wether the release was rushed or not is up to interpretation , hell the game aint even released yet how the f*ck do we know. It aint them being dis-organized, they just got other priorities.....

Comment

Working...
                      X