Change your Origin Username - iPhone and Android Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change your Origin Username - iPhone and Android Users

Give a big round of applause to Warmain over on reddit, he found a workaround that iPhone and Android users can use to change your Origin account name quickly and easily, without having to use EA support. It does not break any rules: in fact, EA programmed it themselves, they must have just forgotten about it.

If you download Scrabble Free for iPhone or Android (made by EA), you can log in using your Origin account. Then, use the Edit Profile menu under Options to change your username. As long as the username is available, you can instantly change it right there, free of charge. This changes your entire Origin account: if you log back in to origin.com, or open up the origin client on your computer, you will see that your username has been changed successfully.

Android users: after closing the keyboard, the "Save" button might still be disabled. This is a known bug: just press the BACK button once and it will go back to normal.
    Just tried it on my Android phone and worked fine.

Re: Change your Origin Username - iPhone and Android Users

And my username is taken >

But it works perfectly!
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Mine was taken too, so I had to stick with Skates97 instead of just Skates. But it is nice to have that option out there for people. That is until EA closes that loophole.

Comment

too bad, i have a blackberry

Comment

Originally posted by x=FAST=x
          too bad, i have a blackberry
          Im sure you could borrow the phone of someone to do this. Or this could be a good reason to get a new phone

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

nice. thanks for posting.
            "Crunch's First Officer"
            twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Oh great, signa has turned into a spambot....again!

Crunch

Comment

thank you this information is great.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Luxury items prices great android users. We are nice girls pretty your neighborhood.

Also, great news!

Comment

This works great!

just use the create new account on the origin log in to find something not taken, use 0 for o and 1 for I, stuff like that.

go figure.....a free game for your phone has more control over your origin account than the EA staff......why am i not surprised.......

Comment

Great find! My Origin name was gawdawful, changed it right over from my EVO with no issues.Just logged into Origin on the PC and we're in business!

Comment

no thanks ,now EA want me to take them along with me, spying on me?

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                          no thanks ,now EA want me to take them along with me, spying on me?
                          As long as you wrap your phone in aluminum foil first, you will be OK.

Crunch

Comment

I have a ready made supply of tin foil hats anyways,must buy more foil!

Comment

Someone made a PC app that will also do it, but the reason I am mentioning that is because even though the app may be legit and be innocent, you dont know what its doing in the background or where it may be sending your information.

Borrow a friends phone and then delete EA scrabble when youre done. Its not a big deal and I would think just everyone knows someone who would do it. Even I have an Andriod and just so happen to have scrabble.

So be careful out there.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                              X