Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTF

CTF (Capture the Flag)

It hasn't been in any Battlefield game I know of, but I'd love to see it added to BF3 just for fun. Only because I know how chaotic it would be with planes, helicopters, jeeps, it kinda reminds me of Call of Duty 1 UO(the 1st and last great COD game.)

I'm sure most BF fans would detest it's entry, and it may not be realistic but I think it would be fun, especially for smaller games.
    PSN: Xclusiveitalian
    Steam: Stryker
    Origin: Xclusiveitalian
    Twitch: Stryker218

Re: CTF

well they added a TDM mode i don't see why this shouldn't be added. I would love to try TDM and see how it works, i am guessing similar to infantry only servers Karkand 64 24/7.

Comment

THAT YOU KNOW OF???!?!?! YOURE NO BATTLEFIELD FAN! It was in 1942!

:wee:

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        THAT YOU KNOW OF???!?!?! YOURE NO BATTLEFIELD FAN! It was in 1942!

:wee:

Crunch
        =(
        It was!?!? I had no idea... Tho I did purchase 1942 late in the game so I never saw it on the browser. At that time I mostly played cod1 but cod was good then and I was younger lol If it was I see no reason why it can be in bf3 =)

Comment

It was in 42 and was super fun in vanilla/DC. Looping pickups with the Stuka/F14 were pretty epic at times. It was never as popular as conquest but there were always a few servers to play on. I was pretty disappointed that they didn't continue with CTF.

Comment

I think because of the vehicles, it didn't do well. It was kinda like cheating once you have a few tanks to reinforce the flag runner.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              I think because of the vehicles, it didn't do well. It was kinda like cheating once you have a few tanks to reinforce the flag runner.

Crunch
              That was the beauty of it though, with vehicle support CTF was awesome. It was much harder to get across the entire map and you'd need a lot of support from your team. Getting a capture was much harder in the vehicle supported maps than the infantry only ones.

Comment

Just try to to steal an enemy Jet, that will get their attention even better than taking a flag

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
                  I'm sure most BF fans would detest it's entry, and it may not be realistic but I think it would be fun, especially for smaller games.
                  You sir need to brush up on your Battlefield history!

CTF on El Alemein was one of my fondest memories in 1942.

Comment

I know, 1942 was many eons ago, I was a young lad i didn't remember..forgive me! loll I want to jump on 1942 and see if I can find a server and give it a go, it sounds like a-lot of fun! If we get mod support, it could make for an interesting mode to add with a mod. Who knows, it might be DLC for $9.99 since that's the route EA is taking with it's products...you know, right along side the $4.99 Grenade launcher extreme professional uber edition upgrade =p

Comment

I'll forgive you

Comment

I guess I will too, maybe.

As for CTF with vehicles, it was fun if you were with the right people, but a lot of times the sides would put all their tanks and resources in defending and they wouldl refuse to help the attackers. So you end up in a jeep and would have to try to slip by all the tanks on the flag and then get away with no support.

I did pull off some crazy jeep driving and that is also where I learned ramming a jeep into a tank will take the tank out too.

Crunch

Comment

Remember those servers with the turbo jeep mods? Oh the memories...blasting into the enemy base grabbing the flag and turbo-ing to your base all the while being chased by the entire enemy team!

Those were the days.

Comment

lol i cant remember CTF in 42, might check youtube for a couple of vids see how that worked out

Comment

Working...
                            X