Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damavand Peak = Base Jumping in BF3

This article popped up and it had this interesting section in it

If we had to single out our favorite map from what we played, Damavand Peak would be it. Damavand is a Rush map, and what makes it interesting is how it handles the spawn points. At one point the attacker’s spawn becomes a cliffside bunker with a sheer drop off. The next defending base is a couple of hundred feet down. While you could take one of the helicopters and gently set yourself down like a pretty princess, real men base jump off the bunker and pull their chute before they splatter all over the objective.

If that wasn’t fun enough, the final base in the map has you pressing into a tight tunnel that usually pitches two tanks against one another in tight quarters as the attacking infantry try to slip past unnoticed. While it may lack a bit of the signature Battlefield map openness, it’s a lot of fun. Just be prepared for confused players to idle around the bunker for 5-10 minutes before they realize they have to jump.
    We attended EA's Final Hours event and played some new multiplayer maps, a portion of the campaign, and a bit of the co-op

Sounds awesome
    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Re: Damavand Peak = Base Jumping in BF3

That does sound unreal. Kind of reminds me of the parachuting spawn point in market garden. I like when they throw in unusual aspects of the game into maps like this.

Comment

Fist thing it made me think of...

A clip from "Mine" by Snoken. No, this isn't mine, it is a joke to another person.

Comment

That is going to be so intense! I literally cant wait for this game now!

Comment

It's going to be good fun for sure.

Comment

Working...
          X