Mines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mines?

Is there a trick to laying down AT mines? Most of the time when i select it, the mine just sits there in my hands and i can't get it to deploy.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Re: Mines?

You have to hold the button down for a second each time.

It pretty much sucks. The mines are great, but you cant whip them out.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      You have to hold the button down for a second each time.

It pretty much sucks. The mines are great, but you cant whip them out.

Crunch
      Is there a limit to the amount of Mines you can put down?

Comment

I also read you can't shoot them to set them off anymore. That was always a favorite way to get rid of a tank that refused to move in BC2.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
          Is there a limit to the amount of Mines you can put down?
          When you die, they disappear and I was only able to put 5 down at a time. I dont like the disappearing thing. Objects dont disappear. I rather there be a 6 limit than they magically go away.

Originally posted by Cantina_Fly
          I also read you can't shoot them to set them off anymore. That was always a favorite way to get rid of a tank that refused to move in BC2.
          People shot mine and they blew up. Maybe it was a fluke, but I saw a tank shell take them out as well as a sniper.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
            When you die, they disappear and I was only able to put 5 down at a time. I dont like the disappearing thing. Objects dont disappear. I rather there be a 6 limit than they magically go away.

People shot mine and they blew up. Maybe it was a fluke, but I saw a tank shell take them out as well as a sniper.

Crunch
            I saw a similar thing with C4 when a squad mate died. I revived him right away, but his C4 was gone. Please at least make them last until his kit disappears.

And I'll be glad if I can blow up my own mines again. Makes me wonder if you can shoot C4 or Clay's also?

I was also hoping they might implement a way to make mines less obvious to the enemy. You know if you were really placing mines, you wouldn't just throw them on the ground so the enemy tank could see it, you'd bury it. Maybe make them normally visible to anyone outside the tank, but now show up to anyone inside the tank if they haven't been spotted.

Just something else to re-inforce the combined arms approach. It's a minor thing, but with DICE so often talking about realism.

For that matter, are mines automatically FF OFF still?

Comment

I should clarify; the mines didnt disappear when I died, but when I respawned. A tank got me right when I threw a mine behind it and I watched it blow up and kill everyone in the killcam. That was rather satisfying to watch.

I also know that you can pick up your own mines and the engineer is suppose to be able to disable other mines and stuff. Same if you use the EoD bot.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Cantina_Fly
                I was also hoping they might implement a way to make mines less obvious to the enemy. You know if you were really placing mines, you wouldn't just throw them on the ground so the enemy tank could see it, you'd bury it. Maybe make them normally visible to anyone outside the tank, but now show up to anyone inside the tank if they haven't been spotted.
                It seems they are proximity mines just like in bc2. the tank doesn't have to run over them, just drive by them. I always put them in the shadows on the side of the road or in bushes.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa
                  It seems they are proximity mines just like in bc2. the tank doesn't have to run over them, just drive by them. I always put them in the shadows on the side of the road or in bushes.
                  LOL! You learn something new everyday. I didn't know you could do that. I always put them in the middle of the road. Over a crest in the road, or just below a drop.

Comment

Once terrain destruction is put back in, you will be able to hid them in craters. Since the contrast is so high, they won't be able to see them!
                    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Working...
                    X