Javelin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Javelin?

I know the Beta did not have the javelin, but will it be included int he final game? anyone knows?

Re: Javelin?

Yes, check out the sticky vreki posted on weapons.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

cheers buddy

Comment

The list is not written in stone, but we finally get to se the Javelin being used in multiplayer.

I will have to say, I am a bit disappointed. What I was hoping for was something that rewarded skill, like the AT-4 from BC2.
        But it looks like it is the exact same locking mechanism that they are using on everything in the game, from Tank shells to can openers.

Comment

point and click.......shocked they have no guided AT......perhaps saving that for the back to karkand pack?

Comment

Isnt a javelin supposed to fire up into the air then come straight down on its target?

Comment

Yeah it is. It sorta did that, but it needs to go straight up and down. I am disapoint because of that. The javalin is point and click.

It would be nice to have some guided stuff as well. I know modern warfare is shoot and forget nowadays, but it is a game as well.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

It can do both "Direct Attack" And "Top Attack", at least in real life.
                DICE could easily have implemented that, since they already have a button for changing firemode on the guns.

Imagine if it launched straight up, and you then had to guide it down like a TV guided bomb. I think that would have been awesome.
                But we will see, maybe there is more to it than what can be seen in the video.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator
                  Isnt a javelin supposed to fire up into the air then come straight down on its target?
                  yea, it looks no different than the ERYX from BF2. very poor animation on that one, the PR one looks much better.

Comment

Yeah it can do either. But that is disappointing.
                    Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

the SOFLAM if not mistaken should be guided, i remeber using a SOFLAM ina mission in Bad Company 1, where you have to guide the missile as soon as the jet released it.

This seems fair, hes in a chopper, and i have a rocket launcher which he likes to dodge...and using the laser guided missile thing is pretty hard to hit him ...

pass forward a bit on that video you will find the Jdam.

Comment

Working...
                      X