Jets make using AA pointless...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets make using AA pointless...

Am i the only person who thinks the fact that jets "deteriorate" at 50% is an absolute load of crap? The average burst of missiles OR a round from a stinger puts it down to 50%, from there on the plane deteriorates and starts to lose control. What on earth is the point in my firing at a plane when i know the second i get it down to 50% the person is going to bail? And quite frankly i dont blame them. Who is going to stay in a vehicle that is already engraving their tomb stone?

Really is amazingly bad game design imo. I realise that the planes were OP in BF2. However taking away ALL of their abilities and making them unlocks is MORE than enough. Now they internally combust after 50%'s worth of damage?

Ball-sack.

Re: Jets make using AA pointless...

I also think it is a bit weird, a jet gets disabled at 50% but then so does a tank lol playing the game I think it would be better if tanks took more damage before they were disabled (since they are tanks lol) and maybe tweak the levels across jets and helis etc

but yes once you get disabled in a jet you are basically screwed, that is unless you have the extinguisher unlock which as I understand it recovers you from a disabled state, I have it unlocked but have not used it

I have found that a lot of pilots do not bail instantly after being disabled, some do, others for some reason decided to go down with the jet as I give it a final burst to destroy it

Comment

I havent played Caspian yet, but to do all that at 50% seems kinda low. I think 20% would be better, I mean thats pretty good destruction and all these vehicles are designed to take some hits in real life. I know, its just a game, but even Demize says its about having fun.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I agree. Lot's of complaints about this at various forums. It's ridiculous. It's even worse in jets when your only method of getting points is to kill other jets.
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

lol. Yep. I've disabled a bunch of Jets, but only gotten about 2 kills from pilots that refuse to bail. Captain goes down with his ship.

Comment

Heck NO I dont! Screw that I bail UNLESS I have passangers.

:wee:

Crunch

Comment

LOL.

The times i used the jet and got shot down, i just stayed in there. Didn't want to bail and run for 5 mins just to eventually get killed.

Comment

I would kill myself first.

Crunch

Comment

You sure do go the extra mile, to not give the enemy the satisfaction of killing you. Haha

Comment

Yeah I do They dont have to worry about me being taken prisoner. I will escape or die by my own hand.

Crunch

Comment

If I get disabled, I fly my jet into the ground :P

Comment

I dont like when you die in a vehicle, it acts like you just cant move. Im trying to eject and am like "why cant I eject" next thing I know I am on killcam and I relize Ive been killed.

I also dont like that you can spawn into vehicles. I mean WTH? So I wait around for a spawn just so the same guy can take it?

Crunch

Comment

I am really getting irritated with the disabling jets now. Even though I admit I do either kill myself or bail (50%? Fly to base and bail!), everyone else does it as well. It is so damn annoying to get in the position to kill a jet during a dog fight, get the "VEHICLE DISABLED" notification, and then promptly watch the other pilot nose dive into the ground before I can finish him of.

Terrible design decision in my opinion. The disable needs to be much lower. Usually, one good burst will disable the enemy jet but won't destroy it. Make it so one burst will bring it close to disabled, and then the second one will both disable it and destroy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                            I agree. Lot's of complaints about this at various forums. It's ridiculous. It's even worse in jets when your only method of getting points is to kill other jets.
                            Nope, your very first source of income is choppers until you have Air to Air missiles; then it's jets. since by this time you have Stealth, Flares, missiles and belt feed.

I think the food chain goes like this:

-Jets pwn choppers flat, so that's your main job as a pilot, to take down choppers; the second pilot is out to watch your back (hopefully)
                            -Choppers eat armor for breakfast and have seconds, even without unlocks you can kill a tank in one pass; luck decides who was more precise and gets the kills, secondary targets are infantry scattered around. Choppers are way easier to level with than jets; but harder to get a hold of.
                            -Mobile Anti-Air kills any air in seconds, and can kill infantry really fast; chopper kills this but depends largely on taking it by surprise, going head first is sure death, as it SHOULD BE. However, I think giving missiles to this thing is overkill; specially since it has the longest lock range of all AA and ITS MOBILE FOR FRANKS SAKE. Also it has even more armor than a tank, what gives? Needs work. Even AT guys have trouble with this thing, their only enemy: Tanks. (and if the LAV missiles lock on tanks, EFF DICE).
                            -Tanks are anti infantry, anti Tanks, anti mobile AA, can kill choppers if the chopper crew is catching flies; fastest of all vehicles to level with; following BC2 philosophy they are very strong but very vulnerable to their hard counters and need to watch out for choppers; and later on, planes.
                            -And finally, the most overpowered thing ever: The engineer. Sporting a smug prick face, even the russian ones (they have to wear gas masks or else their own team mates would shoot them on the spot), custom tailored to make you hate them with a passion even when they are on your side. Their only weak point is their limited supply of bullets and explosive rockets or mines; even with the perks on. While the engies are a threat on Conquest maps, on Rush maps they are even more overpowered; just stick a damn infrarred scope to your starting gun and pwn away, if something doesn't die with bullets, shoot rockets at it (and planes stupid enough to announce they are going to perform a low run will sometimes find the Stinger is chump change next to the AT rocket).

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                              I am really getting irritated with the disabling jets now. Even though I admit I do either kill myself or bail (50%? Fly to base and bail!), everyone else does it as well. It is so damn annoying to get in the position to kill a jet during a dog fight, get the "VEHICLE DISABLED" notification, and then promptly watch the other pilot nose dive into the ground before I can finish him of.

Terrible design decision in my opinion. The disable needs to be much lower. Usually, one good burst will disable the enemy jet but won't destroy it. Make it so one burst will bring it close to disabled, and then the second one will both disable it and destroy it.
                              You get all kinds of fun gameplay while disabled and spinning out of control; it's just the flight stick that gets funked up, everything else works and you can try to steer and crash into a tank or chopper, if you are disabeld they count as roadkill. You can even aim towards infantry, wich for some weird reason start showing up in your hud. The new definition of epic is "oh so you stingered me huh? eat flaming hull!". Totally doable btw.

Comment

Working...
                              X