Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Performance results with your PC.

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    Yeah, I know, but its better than nothing and it is also a good comparison to make sure your FPS program is accurate.

Also, found this news on Nvidias site:

Talks about how the video cards have performed. No big surprise that the very latest was the best, but if you compare the 400s with the equivilant 500s, the percentage difference is not much.

One thing I do find strange is they are testing Ultra in the beta and are showing results. Yet we were told that Ultra is disabled. Sooooo, what gives? Different beta for Nvidia?

Crunch
    Just asking... the GPU's shown are reference ones right? so a 570 SC should be around the same as a 580?

Comment

Thanks for that link Crunch. I actually learned about what half those settings mean. According to that, my SLI 260 combo isn't that bad (performs about equal to the 295) compared to the 470 and 480. I might increase some settings later, but I'm comfortable with my constant 60 FPS on medium/high.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by SgtMattBaker
        Just asking... the GPU's shown are reference ones right? so a 570 SC should be around the same as a 580?
        Yea, it could. It depends how much its super clocked, but since the 570 is close anyway, it probably does. May even exceed it a little.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Qucik question guys, i know the game is a beta and wont feel smooth but my frames feel a little choppy. I had been running all high however went to medium and then low without really seeing a change?

My specs are:

Intel Core2 Duo E8400
          ATi HD4870 1024mb
          4gb DDR2 Ram

Im upgrading very soon to a master of a machine, however what do people think i should expect with my current specs? Just want to make the game run a little smoother really.

Comment

It shouldnt be choppy. Some servers I played on made it feel choppy vs others. If every server you go into is that way, you might have something running that is causing it like an AV program or something else is outdated causing issues or your connection.

Since ping is not on, its hard to tell how well the server is doing.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Running choppy with that system ? daaamn, then i must be running it turbulently jumpy unsettled tumultuously trembling choppinesss of hELL

Comment

Its not a bad system by any means but its far from the latest tech. Might try turning off my AV and seeing if that does the trick.

Comment

I clearly need a new system...

Core 2 Duo 3.16
                  4 GB Ram
                  ATI 4800 HD

FPS Between 10-20

Comment

I think there are still looming driver issues but i also think servers will play more vital role in end users performance than ever, picking your host will be more important than ever. To be honest the game was usually running like crap for what it should with my setup.

I could absolutely notice a huge FPS drop going into crappy servers, even mediocre servers dropped FPS in half during heavy action. The only servers I and the whole clan played the entire beta that did not cause a noticeable drop in frame rates when they were full with 64 people were branzones.....sorry but it's true...I tried them all, branzones were night and day over all the others but this engine still has FPS issues when the servers are full or there's heavy action and it really doesn't mater what the end users rig is like, sadly I believe it's all issues with under powered servers struggled to keep up with the engine....there's not going to be too many servers out there that will provide a quality gaming experience for 64 people IMHO.

Comment

Cant wait to see how this plays on my new rig

Intel Core i5 2500K Overclocked to 4.4Ghz
                      Hyper 212+ Cooler
                      Nvidia GTX570 1280mb
                      ASRock Z68 Extreme 4 gen 3 mobo
                      8gb DDR3 RAM
                      Samsung Spinpoint 1Tb HDD
                      Crucial M4 128Gb SSD
                      Corsair HX-650w PSU
                      Antec 1200 v3 Case

PUMPED!

Comment

I haven't seen much lag, and performance has been good on my system, even when full. Only saw one bit of lag when playing Caspian. Don't have any FPS stats yet.

My system:

Intel I5 2400
                        4gb DDR3 RAM
                        Windows 7 64bit
                        Geforce 560
                        mSata cache drive
                        250gb main drive (yea, I know, need to bump that up)

Comment

Working...
                        X