• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article: Battlefield 3 Beta Q&A with Dice Community Manager Zh1nt0

SOURCE

General Beta Info

Beta will not start at 00:00.

Between 2-3 gig beta client.

You can not UPDATE alpha client you need to re-download the new Beta Client.

Netcode is totally rewritten and new.

No level limit @ beta.

Cant join as a Squad if the Team is full so battlelog groups won’t get split.

Gameplay Info

Autoheal on all vehicle’s after 10-15sec.

Vehicles autoregeneration ONLY under 75% Health.

Unlocks are for WEAPONS not for the classes you can not unlock red dot sight on gun1 and use it on gun 2.

Operation Metro got changed and has a new Layout, thats why they want to test balance again.

You have more then 1 knife animation, from behind, on the ground and you can NOT counter the knife attack.

You can still throw grenades to hear enemys yell.

You can not cook grenades.

You can join with friends on a server.

Friendly fire is On for Hardcore and Off for Softcare as the default settings.

Misc. Info

You can use 3 screens if you have enough graphic power.

Next 1-3 weeks will be talking about new maps.

Caspian Border IS NOT THE BIGGEST MAP.

No Bombs on Jets.

When you get kicked you can see the reason in Battlelog.

Ranked Servers can be changed to unranked Servers.

Battlelog application for iPhone.

Battlelog can be updated without patching the game so we can get new stuff faster.

No weather or time changing in game.

No comment on the Battlerecorder.

Re: Beta Q&A with zh1nt0

Now im confused, is that just for the beta or the entire game because these seem a little strange:

- No bombs on Jets (Thought there was ground attack and air to air jets?)
    - Cant cook grenades (WTF?)
    - No weather or time changing (I thought they said dynamic map weather effects?)

Comment

Its a beta, it seems not everything is on still.

So No option for jets, though its been confirmed it is for the game.
      You could never cook a grenade in Battlefield
      They may have turned weather off. Time didnt change in the alpha either, but you saw cloud shadows move.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I thought you could cook grenades? Maybe not its been a while. Yea i remember seeing clouds move in the alpha aswell but i thought they mentioned somewhere (be it a long time ago) that they were looking at dynamic weather effects in the FB2 engine?

So just to clear something up, in the final release we WILL have jets with bombs?

Comment

they should probably be more specific, jets won't have dumbfire bombs, as in press the bomb release and forget (like the F15 clusters or F35 double whammy)

I believe they are going to be more like the copilot weapon in the BF2 F15, you still have ground attack capability but it depends on how you outfit your plane and they work a bit different

otherwise there was no grenade cooking (I don't really like grenade cooking and glad it isn't in)

I believe they said the engine was capable but that it probably wouldn't be used, although I am hoping for maps set in different conditions and times of day

Comment

Grenade cooking has never been in the bf series and i do believe real soldiers also never cook grenades. it's kind of a risky thing to do dont you think?

Comment

u can cook nades in 2142 and also bf2 i think by using the other mouse button....

Comment

yea thats what i thought! You can do it in BC also im pretty sure?

Comment

Pic or it didnt happen.

As for my evidence of it not being possible, if you google "How to cook grenades in Battlefield" you get forum comments of it not being possible.

BF2 had the option on how hard to throw the grenade.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                    u can cook nades in 2142 and also bf2 i think by using the other mouse button....
                    No you couldn't.
                    Right click with nades in Bf2 and 2142 was for how much power you wanted in a throw, just right clicking would drop a nade at your feet or holding right mouse for a second would result in a half power throw.
                    A very handy and useful option that I hope is also included in Bf3.

Comment

oh yea duh... i forgot... for some reason i thought that was cooking nades, but it was only adjusting throwing power...

i do like cooking nades though, but it looks like im in the minority here.

Comment

NO, you cannot cook grenades in regular bfs.. i know what i am talking about, i'd kill myself if in all these years you could cook them and i did not know. The other mouse button is just for holding them for a longer period to have probably better control of when you throw them. Also the grenades blow fast enough in the battlefield pace for you not to need to cook them

Comment

I dont think its a minority thing. I like cooking nades too. My point is that its never been done in Battlefield, not that I didnt like the idea.

Crunch

Comment

The bombs are just air to ground missiles now.

And while FB2 can do dynamic weather and time, they said that they would not be in BF3 a long time ago.
                            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Yes they can have dynamic time in the engine, check 2:30 (Trailer for Frostbite 1.0):

Just dont know if they are going to use it or not, but to be honest that does not bother me, although some night maps would be fun

Comment

Working...
                              X