Health Regen Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health Regen Idea

I'm sure someone probably already posted this and I missed the thread some time but this just came to me last night when I was lookin' around the intrawebz. I'm also sure it's way too late to rehaul the entire health system at this point when the beta is dropping any day now (hopefully) but it's just my idea and thought it'd be pretty sweet and more realistic. What if instead of regenerating you degenerated? Say you're out scouting an area as a sniper and someone spots you. They pump a couple shells into you but your health is only lowered to say 80%. Then you get an allotted amount of time to find a medic and have them patch you up or else then your screen gradually turns bloodier and your health keeps dropping and you bleed out and die. Or if you get hit a lot and your health is lowered to say 30% you might have a minute to find a medic and your screen is already bloody as opposed to the 80% where you might have had 3 minutes.

If it's been done before I didn't know I never played Project Reality or anything like that but just figured it was a cool idea.

Re: Health Regen Idea

I really like the idea except that you would have to rely on another person to do their part. What will happen instead would be more medics and less of the other classes. I think recon use would go way up too as shooting and hitting your target just once might get you a kill.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah you're right, the only classes you would need then would be medic and recon.

Comment

I don't like it. It works in more realistic games like Red Orchestra, but it doesn't really fit the more arcadey gamestyle of Battlefield. Not to mention, that system would be hell on large maps.

I actually like the system they had in the alpha. If you got shot, you would obviously lose health, but your health doesn't start to regenerate slowly until about 15 seconds after you get shot. And if you are suppressed or shot during that 15 seconds, the timer resets. This eliminates the problem of you shooting someone and then that person hiding behind cover until they regenerate and then pop out and kill you. Now, you hit them, and then while they are behind cover, you fire a bullet or two over their cover every couple of seconds and they can't regen.
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Yeah it's true it does work with more realistic games. It's cool with project reality but that might be due to the fact everyone is equipped with a few (field stressing? that's what it is called? i cant remember anymore) that allows you to stop the bleeding

Comment

Field dressing. And yes I agree it doesn't fit the arcadish gameplay of BF.

Comment

Yeah, if they implement field dressing and you only have, say two of them, then this system could work.

Crunch

Comment

True, but in my opinion it really does not fit the pace of battlefield

Comment

That is true, however, that can be said about health regen to begin with.

Along with many other things.

Crunch

Comment

One problem with this is that a large number of the encounters in BF are "trades" where two parts shoot at each other until one of them runs out of health, and the winner if often left with less than 80% health.

So it would be a never ending game of shoot-find_medic-shoot-find_medic etc.

Comment

But arent all soldiers today equipped with field dressings. As far as I know they are. So basically all classes can make a temporary bandage until a medic shows up.
                      So the system could actually work. Then the ammo crate could also provide you with new field dressings.

Comment

Ok, probably the field dressing would work, but it should only stop the bleeding not heal you. And now that i think about it it might be even a nice addition to the game. Probably as a class customization option or a perk

Comment

Not a bad idea. Whether or not I would like it depends on how it fits into the flow of the game. RO2 has field dressings that stop bleeding (but no medics), but the game is paced slow enough to make it so this doesn't take you out of the battle.
                          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Working...
                          X