Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Article: Battlefield 3 beta Hundreds of Changes from Alpha, Day One Patches Likely

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Article: Battlefield 3 beta Hundreds of Changes from Alpha, Day One Patches Like

I hope its during my holidays. Thats for sure.

Comment

Re: Article: Battlefield 3 beta Hundreds of Changes from Alpha, Day One Patches Like

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
      are they actually looking into not just the issues, but the solutions provided by the community aswell.
      I Hope its this.

Comment

It's looking more and more likely that it will be at the end of the month. The EA community manager said they are still unsure of the date because they don't know if they will be able to hit it or not.

But in related news, this comes from an EA employee and confirmed real by zh1nt0:

Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Beta might be at end of the month, but it wont stop me from checking twitter every 5 minutes.

Comment

sooooo it's not really an open beta.... thanks now the probabilities of me testing the game before buying it are under 10% xD

Comment

Why? It's an open beta

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                sooooo it's not really an open beta.... thanks now the probabilities of me testing the game before buying it are under 10% xD
                where did you gather that from this article?

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
                  Why? It's an open beta
                  Thats what i thought..

"Those that bought the Limited Edition of Medal of Honor last year are guaranteed a spot, as you are if you pre-order the PC version through Origin. "
                  "It is widely expected that the Battlefield 3 beta will be expanded to include more players as it progresses, and finally, an open beta is not out of the question. "

From reading this it seems more like it is just a beta, not an open one. I thought the origin and MOHlimitededition bonus where previous access, not "guaranteed access". I've been hearing for a long time it was going to be open, why now a "and finally, an open beta is not out of the question... "

the post is big it's 2:30 am i'm sleepy and i might be missing something, correct me if i am because i really hope i'm just getting it all wrong

Comment

Don't worry about it. DICE has said many times that it is a true open beta and everyone will be able to play.

The first quote comes from the VG 24/7 article. They are in no way an official source. And it did actually say when you preordered Medal of Honor that you would get a guaranteed spot (before the beta was said to be open), so I assume they were still thinking about that.

And the second quote comes from a BF3Blog article from at least April that hasn't been updated in a while, hence why it says "So far access to the beta is limited only to owners of Medal of Honor Limited Edition", which has been known not to be true for months.

Comment

Ah ok, i get it now, thanks for clearing that out! I was concerned about not being able to play it x)

Comment

Working...
                      X