Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Activision fires back at EA/DICE on COD vs BF comments, wishes them success.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activision fires back at EA/DICE on COD vs BF comments, wishes them success.

EA CEO John Riccitiello, head of the company making this fall's premiere Call of Duty competitor, Battlefield 3, recently said he hopes that Call of Duty would "rot from the core."

EA/Dice have been playing dirty pool as of late, this includes a picture which was taken pre-Gamecon opening of the MW3 display empty compared to a during show line for BF3 (with added filters to make it look like its around the same time, Gamecon is actually pretty well lit) and a comment how EA CEO John Riccitiello hopes Call of Duty would "rot from the core." Eric Hirshberg from Actisivion chose to fire back in a more mature manner, saying how the mudslinging was bad for the industry as a whole and he wishes everyone including his competitors luck, that the gaming industry can keep going as strong as it has into the holiday season. There is a video of the speech in the link above.

COD and BF are two polarizing games and that is good, they both represent something different. This is not a reason to slam the other, but more of a reason to appreciate the other.

Re: Activision fires back at EA/DICE on COD vs BF comments, wishes them success.

Oh, the high road now? Good competition I say. Since this BF3 has started there has been talks on CoD needing a new engine and they have brought back dedicated servers as well as added (though not yet seen) some destruction in the game.

BF3 now has a single player, co-op, on console, an updated engine to fully utilize all those things, and dedicated servers.

Both companies can claim that its not the reason at all and gamers can hopefully get some benefits from it. Maybe a price war will break out or free stuff

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Re: Activision fires back at EA/DICE on COD vs BF comments, wishes them success.

This competition would really pay off if Treyarch (we know Infinity Ward won't be able to do it) makes a proprietary engine for Call of Duty. I might actually a CoD game again. The only problem with that is Activision would probably have to accept a nice delay in the production schedule.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I would love if a price war breaks out with freebies.

Comment

I dont know about this article. I agree with what the guy is saying, but when you look at the action Activision is taking toward their own games, its the opposite.

What is really sad is if EA came out and said this, I would think the same way.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

The COD gravy train is running out of steam, of-course they are going to try to look like the good guy now because they will already be 3 steps behind come xmas.

Comment

To me it looks like it has always been EA that has bullied Activision.
              Tiny things like the snow speeder references in BC2 and the "We have dedicated servers, nya nya" attitude.
              I don't remember much in the same way from Activsion, EA is starting to look a bit juvenile.

But on the other hand, Actvision has long acted like arrogant bastards towards their own customers, so I wouldn't say that they hold the moral high ground.

Comment

Activision would look like way better a company if they just didn't let Bobby Kotick or Robert Bowling speak publicly.

Comment

HAha, thumbs up for you FMJ Power. You nailed the point directly on, I mean what better way to be overthrown by but with sympathy. It serves COD right for making relentless same old games for the past 3 or 4 years.
                  This is indeed a good tactic to go out like a good guy but it doesn't fool me!

Comment

i don't really care how well behaved their developers are, if they make crappy games, they get called out for it.

Comment

tbqh i have garnered a little more respect towards treyarch. within the first month of me buying BO i had a few problems running the MP smooth but so did many players..a bag of patches later i loved the game, finding out there was a server browser, and option to favorite servers that was awesome, and iirc BFBC2 had problems when it first came out in MP. but i love both games dearly, for me all the hate is stemming from MW2, i still play it with my brother from time to time we play spec ops on steam to diversify our lan games, and its annoying the way the games keeps giving hiccups, i.e. lag, also my bother and i tried MP again, the dreadful host migration and campers!

For the record there are a minimum of campers on codBO when i play on my Favorited servers. I don't know i just feel it that MW2 is a console only game to tell the truth its absolutely annoying, my playtime on both CoDBO and BFBC2 (PC) have reached near 100+ hours with MW2 only 20 hour iirc.

with that being said, i retract an earlier statement in another thread in this site where i mentioned i will buy MW3, i will wait and see for the best, if anything probably will pick it up when its half price at GAME (UK retialer) plus i already got many other titles i am putting ahead to buy this winter starting with BF3 ofc followed my Mass Effect and other awesomeness.

/End TLDR

Comment

Working...
                      X