I am finally degrading myself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am finally degrading myself...

After years of trash talking about console, I have finally downgraded myself to a console. As it seems 90% of my friends are going to be playing bf3 on the ps3 because they ate broke jokes who cannot afford to build or buy a decent gaming pc. This leaves me no choice but to now practice bfbc2 on the stupid sensitive bulky analog joystick

I will be buying both the pc and ps3 which will suck for my wallet

Re: I am finally degrading myself...

well at least you publicly admit this
    tell us how it really is
    i have never even played a 360/PS3
    but the videos i've seen consoles have much less recoil it seems

Comment

Lol I we ll let you know minmaster. I too have never touched a console fps game since the awesome nintendo goldeneye days. I am going to suck so much lol.

Comment

Well I've played Bad Company 1 for approx. 60 hours, and it sure sucks when you're used to a keyboard/mouse. Same I tried Black Ops for PS3 for some hours and it was a meh compared to CoD4 on PC. If I have the choice between a console FPS or nothing, I take the latter.

Comment

Specifically for BC2: the console versions have slight autoaim and hitboxes bigger than those found on BFBC2Vietnam, guns also do more damage; and even tough the "leet" console kids say it takes "skill" after a couple of rounds of getting a KDR of over 2.5 without even trying, and sniping and countersniping (something I am BAD at on PC) I can tell you it's fun, but certainly nowhere near the level of tactics oyu need to play BC2 on PC, or any FPS for that matter.

CoD's "recoil" is all graphics too, the gun shakes and twirls like a mofo, but the bullets still go where you originally pointed, CoD on console is full on spray and be certain you will hit something.

EDIT: I forgot to name a specific example- see how on PC you have to aim at the actual head of someone to get a headshot? on either console all you need to do is put the cursor in the general area the head is, you get around ten pixels to each side and above and it will count; also bullet drop is less important on console. I don't know if the player hitboxes ar ebigger, or the bullets themselves have a bigger hitbox (remember on BF games bullets are bullets since they dont use hitscan)

Redink, movement is gonna be an issue since to run you have to press down on the stick, and to crouch you press on the other stick; fortunately it's toggle for both but curiously enough; on PC ADS is toggle by default while it's hold down on console :O yet crouch is press down and hold and toggle on console :O :O :O

Comment

Yeah lordseth, I can feel the sluggish already... Im only playing because I can join in with my friend when they have gamenight

Comment

On the plus side? console plays guarantees you will always be in a squad with your mates no matter what, since you make the squad before you jump inyo multiplayer; that would had been a nice option for PC.

And the intro scenes to each map are better presented than the dull static image on PC.

Comment

Get some new friends lol, im no longer talking to you

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                  Get some new friends lol, im no longer talking to you
                  THIS! You are dead to me!

Also, dont worry about degrading yourself, you did that LONG ago.

Crunch

Yeah, Im just kidding.
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Well it DOES do almost anything!!

Plus now you can play with me.

Comment

Huh, thats weird. There is a #10 post, but nothing is in it.

Crunch
                      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

to be honest now that i think about it, i dont think i would be capable of starting to play console even if it was offered to me :/

Comment

Oh will you quit with that already? It's not like playing consoles makes hair grow out of your palms.

It's a different platform with different offerings, the PC can't offer the platform and pure action console does; it has its defining genres like RTS and FPS, and the now dead RPG/Adventure thing like Maniac Mansion; but that's about it. It could be argued that on PC you get better simulators, but the investment in money is overbearing, and ever sinc eLogitech started making USB wheels, you can use them on both sides since the PS2 days; an din fact, the most expensive Logitech wheel started doing feedback simulation and real torque and real clutch AFTER GRan Turismo, not for any PC game.

Try playing Batman Arkham Asylum well on PC with keyboard mouse; it's a pain in the hand and wrist. Same for more action oriented games. And you know all of those PC USB gamepads? They are modelled mostly after the PS2 Dual Shock controller.

So YEAH, shooters like Battlefield are more enjoyable on PC and get better graphics, but there are awesome shooters for console only like Killzone. And true genre classics like Goldeneye, Perfect Dark and TimeSplitters, wich put 90% of PC shooters to shame.

Comment

NOOOOooooo! *Darth vader*

Most of my friends also have consoles. They all want me to get one as well, but I doubt I ever will, and I hope I never will. My computer gaming experience has always been more fun than my console gaming experiences.

Comment

Ok and just before we start calling each other names:

I am a gamer. I started gaming on consoles, with the Atari 2600 then moved on to the NES and SNES.

Back on those days, computer gaming was a joke, a JOKE. Text adventures are cool and what have you, but they are not GAMES. Not Megaman or Contra quality and caliber of GAMES.

I played my Doom, I played my Quake, I played Prince of Persia on DOS and even California Games and Larry Bird vs Michael Jordan, Test Drive and Flight Simulator and tons of others on PC. the NES gave gaming a plethora of characters and tunes while the PC still had generic guys and beeps and bops.

POST death of 3Dfx, yeah, PC gaming improved a lot on quality, but I dare you to show me a PC game contemporary to Contra on NES or Castlevania IV on SNES, and even on the early PSone like Wipeout, Tekken. Steady 60 fps with antialiasing is relatively recent. Show me a PC game comparable to MEtal Gear Solid, Shadow of the Colossus or God of War; then we can talk gaming.
                              (There isn't; stop trying, just accept one paltform can offer one thing, and the other can offer other genres, and that you can game on both)

Comment

Working...
                              X