Knifing in BF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Knifing in BF3

Well, they already added the stealth knife killing animation, so why not adding that? i mean it did not have to be very complex and all... they have got the tools, in my opinions their game has the best animations made until today, and if it was something that would happen very rarely, due to the fact that it would be hard to counter in time i think it would fit well if it only happened sometimes. There are other things i would have added myself to the game, like sliding , ( sprinting and pressing crouch would make you slide). A fluid and non-exagerated slide ( Example of some Exagerated slides are crysis 2 and farcry 2) would fit very well in the game in my opinion, i mean, you can see your whole body and they already got the vaulting and the dolphin diving, so why not adding a simple fluid and useful slide, that if well added it would make the game even greater.
    Of course these are just my opinions x)

Comment

I still think it would be cool, although as I stated previously, I can see why other players would dislike it. Honestly, if it's a skill that takes practice, I see no problem. It would be really neat to see prolonged fights like that. It opens huge windows of opportunity for teamwork and whatnot, and I just think it's generally fun.

Anyway, I wish there was no insta-knife from the front.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
        Anyway, I wish there was no insta-knife from the front.
        You got your wish!
        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I heard there's a knife button you can hit to lunge-knife from a wielded weapon with the press of a button. When wielding the knife, you can kill anybody with one hit, but the insta-knife is a 2 hit-kill. Is this correct?

Comment

From what I seen the quick knife is one hit kill in the back, it's supposed to be 2 hit-kill from the front. But I actually never saw any vid with someone stabbing another player from the front.

Comment

Originally posted by -Shifty-
              I heard there's a knife button you can hit to lunge-knife from a wielded weapon with the press of a button. When wielding the knife, you can kill anybody with one hit, but the insta-knife is a 2 hit-kill. Is this correct?
              It's one-hit kill to the back and two hits to the front. I think it is the same with both knifes, except you have to use the wielded knife to get dogtags? Not sure. But the only way to get a one-hit kill is from behind.

EDIT: I just listened to an podcast interview with zh1nt0 and he said that knifing from the front takes "two strokes or so" and knifing from the back gives "a cool knife animation and dogtags". He didn't mention a difference between the equipable knife and the quick knife except that you can obviously run with the equipable knife.
              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I was stabbed from the side and front, I think he took the guy more than two hit but I'm not sure if it's him or a bullet from afar, but it definitely wasn't a one-hit kill.

Comment

Working...
                X