Screenshots from BF3 Alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshots from BF3 Alpha

This site has screenshots apparently leaked from the Alpha: http://www.tek-9.org/forum/call_of_d...d_3-80275.html

ETA2: The images are gone from imageshack, so -> http://csnation.net/showthread.php?3...ak-Screenshots

ETA: And according to the site, 510 FPS in the last picture is achived with this rig:

AMD PhenomII 965 @ 4.5Gghz
    4x2048MB DDR3-2133Mhz
    2x 80GB Intel X-25 SSD on an Areca RAID controller.
    1x GTX460, little bit clocked.

Running 1680x1024. Graphic Detail: High

So I think that is good news for those worrying about system requirements.

Re: Screenshots from BF3 Alpha

That fraps reading on high can't be right; but still would prove that dropping Dx9 was a good idea and that the engine got even more optimized and DICE wasn't just blowing hot air about it.

EDIT: just check the resolution, and it looks like it has no AA or AF going on on an obviously empty server.

Comment

is 510 even possible?

Comment

Sure, load up wuake 3 and with a decent hardware you get up to 1k fps

Comment

OMG! wow it looks epic! Shock paddles and the good old stryker light tank is back =) The graphics look amazing and yet give off this feel of BF2. One thing I was confused about was multiplayer...Why is it opened in a browser? I really enjoyed BF2 multiplayer server layout, made it very easy to find servers. BC2's
          was annoying and clunky. Thanks for sharing this!

*Also, don't like how the stress servers are 32 and not 64... I hate the red and blue squares that were introduced with BC, i want the little flags back! I feel less like im fighting for pla/usa and more like i'm fighting for the blue team, and always fighting the red team regardless!
          PSN: Xclusiveitalian
          Steam: Stryker
          Origin: Xclusiveitalian
          Twitch: Stryker218

Comment

This was also posted on th EA Battlefield 3 UK forums but was deleted due to breaking of the NDA. Looks pretty sweet though, especially the water.
            Battlelog; jeffb7

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
              *Also, don't like how the stress servers are 32 and not 64... I hate the red and blue squares that were introduced with BC, i want the little flags back! I feel less like im fighting for pla/usa and more like i'm fighting for the blue team, and always fighting the red team regardless!
              thats if they work right, sometimes the squares go white on the minimap and you cant tell who has it

Comment

Working...
              X