Windows 8 To Support Xbox 360 Games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 8 To Support Xbox 360 Games?

I tried to make this a news submission, but I can not make threads in that subforum.
    So here goes, rumours but interesting rumours.

Remember when Steve Ballmer said that Windows 8 will offer a real push for a PC gaming? Ever wondered what would it be?

Well, according to Andrew, the upcoming Windows 8 OS will include a feature which allows you to play Xbox 360 games on your PC.

You heard it right: a native Xbox 360 app for your Windows machine.
    As promised, we dug some more information regarding the upcoming Windows 8 feature which will allow users to play Xbox 360 games on their PC’s.

According to our sources, Xbox 360 on PC will have a subscription fee (just like Xbox Live). However, when it comes to online gaming, it will use Windows Live Marketplace and as a result, PC owners will not be able to compete against console owners (at least in initial stage), due to plausible frustrations (mouse vs. controller).

Why would Microsoft do that?

Since software giant plans to launch Xbox 720 (not the real name) in few years, Xbox 360 game sales on PC will not only give company additional revenue but will also extend current generation hardware lifespan.
    Remember when Steve Ballmer said that Windows 8 will offer a real push for a PC gaming? Ever wondered what would it be? Well, according to Andrew, the

As promised, we dug some more information regarding the upcoming Windows 8 feature which will allow users to play Xbox 360 games on their PC's. According to

I am in two minds about this. On one hand, it could be the chance to try out a few XBOX exclusive games, like the latest Halo releases.
    On the other hand, a used Xbox 360 may cost about the same as a Win 8 upgrade, and be much better suited for playing the games.

So IMHO that alone is not enough to warrant upgrading from Win7 to Win8

Re: Windows 8 To Support Xbox 360 Games?

Not willing to pay a monthly fee

Comment

Re: Windows 8 To Support Xbox 360 Games?

When Windows 8 will be released it will cheaper to buy a second hand Xbox 360 for 50 bucks.

Comment

Working...
      X