Battlefield 3 pre-order options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3 pre-order options

I do not feel like to buy from Origin. Is there any way else that I can pre-order a physical copy?

And recent key server issue on BFBC2 is disappointing.

Re: Battlefield 3 pre-order options

I dont know where you live, but there is Gamestop, Amazon, Direct2Drive, to name a few. Wait a bit and HOPEFULLY Steam will be an option as well as others that I am forgetting about.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      I dont know where you live, but there is Gamestop, Amazon, Direct2Drive, to name a few. Wait a bit and HOPEFULLY Steam will be an option as well as others that I am forgetting about.

Crunch
      Still near Chicago and will probably be around until December. After that, I don't know where I will be, depending on whether or where I can locate a job in the US. May have to go abroad for better job opportunity.

I don't think EA is going to let their flagship cash cow be sold on steam ever again. They are electronic entertainment publisher, and what good it is if they don't have certain control over distributing sector of the industry? It used to be the distributors are beyond the bound of publisher due to the need for brick and mortar stores, or the organization to run mail-order system.

We will probably see Ubi and ActiBlizzard start pulling the same business strategy. I don't see any good of it for us gamers, though. Might as well go back to brick and mortar store.

Comment

There is also the very real possiblility that you will need to register the game with Origin regardless of how you bought it.
        Just like COD and Steam.

Comment

I think Vreki has a very valid point. With no mention of Steam for Battlefield, EA may pull something where they want Origin to be used. Activision wanted a console style patching system, buddy list, and friends and Steam is perfect for that for PC. EA may be pushing the same thing, but has an investment in the EA Store.

I wouldnt be surprised either if everything had to be doen through Origin regardless, which is too bad. Thats also why RangerXML started the Origin buddy list early. I think he is not that far off of the mark either.

Crunch

Comment

I have to wait until September 1stish since that's the next time I'm going to my university. I'll be there when it releases so I have to go to the Gamestop a block from campus to pre-order. Would have liked to have pre-ordered it already but whatevs I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
              There is also the very real possiblility that you will need to register the game with Origin regardless of how you bought it.
              Just like COD and Steam.
              Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              I think Vreki has a very valid point.
              Good point. They might get my registration ID and a hotmail e-mail address, but not my financial information.

Do you guys mind if I choose my Origin ID as Vreki or CptCrunch?

Comment

I dont care if you use CptCrunch. The thing is that Origin is already tied into your Battlefield accounts, soooo....

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by AvalancheDiode
                  Good point. They might get my registration ID and a hotmail e-mail address, but not my financial information.

Do you guys mind if I choose my Origin ID as Vreki or CptCrunch?
                  Already taken. A shame really, the "Vreki" name could have used a stat boost

Comment

Plus we don't know just how important veterancy will be this time around; I will be veteran level 5 :B

Comment

Amazon has release day delivery for $0.99. Great deal.
                      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Working...
                      X