No announcement yet.

Best gaming computer for Battlefield 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best gaming computer for Battlefield 3?

I had some issues playing the battlefield free demo on my computer, so it has me really considering on purchasing a new gaming system. I have tried building my own but I'm not super knowledgeable in knowing which hardware goes with what, that and my newegg shopping carts always ends up being around $3k! I have decided I'm going to buy a new gaming computer before bf3 comes out, any advice on which company I should go with? I've been considering Alienware, but that would mean I'd have to buy a dell =(

Re: Best gaming computer for Battlefield 3?

i also have a budget of around $2k that Im willing to spend on the pc

jason

Comment

You want to buy a brand only? We can tell you the pieces to get. You can build a really nice system for that money.
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

For that money you can build a pretty sweet rig. Let someone help you pick out the parts.

Comment

Oooooh 2k bucks? you can build an alienware mockup with that money that would get priced at over 3k. You don't really NEED sli or crossfire and 16 GB of ram.

From what I have been reading, for pure gaming your best bet would be a sixcore AMD phenom II; the X6 1100T black edition is around 200 bucks, you can pair that with a beefy $350-400 video card; Ram is pretty inexpensive unless you go for the sort of dimms that have leds on them and heat dissipators; but you could get a good 8 GB of DDR3 ram for under a 100.

Ask away, a lot of people around here could give you good pointers; with your budget you shouldn't skimp on the CPU and video card tough; and you can even afford one of the cool power supply units.

BTW do you need a monitor too? or just the computer box?

Comment

I lready have two dell ultrasharp 30" monitors along with a razer keyboard and gaming mouse... so im really just seeking a full cpu

Comment

I think an Admin should ban Carrie25!

Back on topic.

Personally I would stay away from AMD for the time being. All therre "new" processors are actually just old ones with new names and worked around a bit to produce more power. But in the end it is still based on the old K10 architecture. I would recommend you went for an I5 2500 which has proven again and again to be best buy compared to price/power.
              And to top it off a nice ASUS MB, P8P67 Deluxe for example. Very much recommended by Toms Hardware and Bit Tech.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator8
                Personally I would stay away from AMD for the time being. All there "new" processors are actually just old ones with new names and worked around a bit to produce more power. But in the end it is still based on the old K10 architecture. I would recommend you went for an I5 2500 which has proven again and again to be best buy compared to price/power.
                And to top it off a nice ASUS MB, P8P67 Deluxe for example. Very much recommended by Toms Hardware and Bit Tech.
                Sandybridge has no rival at the moment.

Wait for Bulldozer and then see how it compares.

PS 2 month bump

Comment

Working...
                X