Battlefield 1942:2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 1942:2

Yes BF3 isnt even out yet. But what is further on the horizon?

Come 2012 Battlefield 1942 will have been out ten years. The game that started it all and some would say, including me, still the best. What better way to celebrate than Dice/EA to create a true and dignified sequel to BF1942 with a cutting edge graphics engine. A distinct possibilty?

Re: Battlefield 1942:2

If dice knew anything about where they come from they should have made sequels in order IMO.

It should have been 1942v2,vietnamv2 and then BF3 but now the other titles have been forgotten and left to rot in DLC mini packs.

I would love 1942 to be remade.

Comment

Since DICE has made a BF2 DLC and has also mentioned 3 times the DLC compared to BC2 (Hard to tell what that number is if they are counting the unlocked maps) then I could see a 1942 DLC with 4 maps along with some vehicles and weapons.

Nothings impossible.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

...BF1943?

I'll be happy if they finally release BF1942 digitally.

Comment

I would love to see a "1942:2" in the future with the frostbite 2 engine. New technology mixed in with the classic WWII weapons and vehicles would be really fun.

Comment

Well i would definitely also love to see a 2142:v2

Comment

Originally posted by hawtcakez
              I would love to see a "1942:2" in the future with the frostbite 2 engine. New technology mixed in with the classic WWII weapons and vehicles would be really fun.
              Nah leave WWII in the past; Frostbite needs more snow and more BF2142 with single player campaign. and more crazier lazor wehpuns.

And bigger, badder, less lag inducing mobile titans with more complex engineering so it's actually feasible to sneak by when all 32 defenders are on it.

Comment

This! The game I have put most of my playtime into. Best ever so far.

Comment

yea i think after BF3, they have no where but to go back and remake 1942 on the new engine.

where else would they go? 2142 wasn't wildly popular so i doubt they will revisit the future era anytime soon.

or maybe they can do a war they haven't covered before like the korean war.

Comment

Demize has mentioned a number of times that he would like to put 2142 on the frostbite 2 engine.

What I would like to see is a dlc for all the previous battlefield games. Vietnam and 2142 included.

Crunch

Comment

So add BF1943 as a DLC (Think BFBC2:V) and then make BF2143 a stand-alone game.

Whatever they plan to do, I'm buying it.

Comment

Vietnam was probably my favorite.

Comment

I would rather have 2142 DLC than a new game and that is because:

1. BF3 can obviously support that since it can support an updated BF2.
                          2. I personally dont want to spend $60 for it.
                          3. Most servers played four 2142 maps all the time anyway; Camp Gibraltar, Belgrade, Suez Canal, and Tunis Harbor.
                          4 Even though, to most, DLC is evil, it would make 2142 more popular as a BF3 add on than a new game of the same thing.

Now of course if you mean an entirely new 2143 with a rethought on the sci-fi to go a bit further and new maps and all that, maybe that wouldnt be too bad.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch

3. Most servers played four 2142 maps all the time anyway; Camp Gibraltar, Belgrade, Suez Canal, and Tunis Harbor.
                            4 Even though, to most, DLC is evil, it would make 2142 more popular as a BF3 add on than a new game of the same thing.

Now of course if you mean an entirely new 2143 with a rethought on the sci-fi to go a bit further and new maps and all that, maybe that wouldnt be too bad.

Crunch

But dont forget all the new vehicles.. the new game modes and the customization features that bf2 didnt have. i have to say i would not mind paying full for a 2142 with destruction, but if it is an expansion i wouldnt mind, since there was no feature loss from 2142 than maps

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch

Crunch
                              If there ever was a game on the BAttlefield franchise that needed a single player campaign, with the option to play it co-op; or play from both sides of the conflict a la RTS; it's 2142.

I want to find out how did Cerberus Landing play out, what led to the second fall of Berlin, how did the Euro forces steal the Titan plans; etc, etc. Remember, canonically, the Euro Forces lost the war with PAC slowly but surely dominating the northern hemisphere and even getting to control a sizeable chunk of ecuatorial terrain.
                              We never found out what was of the American continent (and I don't mean th eUS, I mean the WHOLE american continent; we don't have a lot of land near the ecuator and not enough islands to move people over there, even MExico is too far North to escape the destruction of an Ice Age the size of the one in 2142)

At its core, the story of BF2142 is one of survival, as the conflict is driven by an ever shrinking land mass and too many people to feed; one side has to almost completely eradicate the other as the new world won't be able to sustain everybody; in my mind it always plays out with the Russian/Koreans?Japanese? reluctantly wiping out the european countries as it is either them or the Euros.
                              The game hints at a big fight over Shuhia Taiba for the cereal silos; and the fights at Gibraltar, Tunez are some of the last war campaigns.

I don't think it's difficult to turn into a well deserved epic game with a lot of character exploration and bullets flying everywhere with lots of explosions; even DICE went "oh the americans, sure, they could have done something of use or note if they didn't freeze to death on the first years; let's see what a REAL conflict would be".

Comment

Working...
                              X