Skyrim - consoles lead platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skyrim - consoles lead platform

I was a HUGE Morrowind fan when it came out. When Oblivion came out it was amazing, and just like Morrowind I had to upgrade just to run it. Morrowind is still my favorite and now Skyrim is coming. It hurt me to hear that Skyrim is going to have consoles as it's lead platform. If you played Oblivion you knew about the horrible port job they did with menu's and such. Also the game ran horrible even with good computers, even my 550ti and i7 doesn't get me insane good FPS and the game came out in 05.

I know this is old news but I only heard about it now. Imagine PC lead platform for an elder scrolls game! A man can dream, I hope the game is as good as it looks right now.

Re: Skyrim - consoles lead platform

I hear you, I'm a big TES fan, but Bethesda gained a lot of experience developing and porting this gen, so I have faith in them. Seeing the game run on the 360 with those kind of graphics amazed me, I know we can't expect huge graphical improvements in the PC version, it' wont have DX11 advantages, so maybe it will just have some higher res. textures, LOD and draw distances.

But I have to agree with them using a console as a lead platform. Look at BF3 now, PC is Impressive, consoles are ... ok, lots people just got disappointed by the difference. (I know, it's still pre-alpha)

And Bethesda knows that the biggest user-base are consoles, and if they do it otherwise, it's pretty much suicide.

At the end, it all might be a good port or an awful port, but thankfully there will be tons of mods that will fix/improve it.

Maybe next gen will have the PC as a lead platform ... just maybe.

I'm getting the game at launch for the 360, I want to experience the whole game without using mods.
    If I get it for the PC at launch, I know I will have mods installed by the week, so I'll just wait a while to get it for the PC.

Comment

Working...
    X