No announcement yet.

"Physical Warfare Pack available to all Battlefield 3 players later this year"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Physical Warfare Pack available to all Battlefield 3 players later this year"

"A point of clarification for all of our Battlefield fans. We will unlock the contents of the Physical Warfare Pack to all Battlefield 3 players later this year – for free. Read on for more details on this and Back to Karkand.

So maybe this is stating the obvious, but all of us at DICE are here because of our passion for games and the passion to bring you the games we too love to play. I always knew our pre-order offers for Battlefield 3 would be open to misunderstandings. This post is an attempt by me to answer any questions you have.

I would like to start by clarifying that the Physical Warfare Pack is a time-based exclusive. If you do not pre-order Battlefield 3 at a retailer carrying the Physical Warfare Pack, don’t worry. We will unlock the contents of the Physical Warfare Pack for free to all Battlefield 3 players later this year.

The Physical Warfare Pack will be available as a pre-order bonus all over the globe. Right now, the UK is the only country where it has been announced, but stay tuned to get constant updates on where you can pick this up in your country. And remember, if you do not pre-order, you will still get access to this content at a later date, free of charge. If you do pre-order, you will get access to it from day one.

For Battlefield: Bad Company 2, many in the Battlefield community were very vocal about wanting additional, new maps to expand the multiplayer experience. With Battlefield 3, we want to make sure we can increase your library of maps quicker than we did for Battlefield: Bad Company 2. We also want to give you something special for pre-ordering, as pre-ordering is basically your way of saying you believe in DICE and Battlefield 3. When we announced that everybody who pre-orders Battlefield 3 would get an entire future expansion pack at no extra charge, I knew we had created a very generous pre-order offer.

Back to Karkand is a massive, themed expansion pack available a period of time after the base game, developed by a separate team here at DICE -- the same team that brought you Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam. If you played Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam, you have a pretty good idea about the scope and ambition of our expansion packs. This is so much more than just four remixed maps.

If you pre-order Battlefield 3, you will be able to play Back to Karkand at no extra charge as soon as it is released, but it is not day one DLC and it is not on the base game disc. We think it’s a sweet deal, and it’s available to everyone everywhere. If you do not pre-order Battlefield 3, you can still buy Back to Karkand separately and play it as soon as it is released, the very same date as anyone who pre-ordered. In other words, there is no segmentation of the community when we launch the base game.

There are more pre-order offers for Battlefield 3 out there, and in order to try and avoid any confusion we will return within the next couple of weeks to detail all of them as well.

As always, post any questions you have here, in our forums, on Facebook, or Twitter. We are listening and value your opinion.

Cheers,
    Karl Magnus Troedsson
    General Manager, DICE"

Yup a timed exclusive seems like a fair compromise. At least they are walking this one back. We will see what happens with Steam distribution, but right now it's a victory for community pressure. I didn't see it as a huge advantage, but it would have been a blemish on the game, even if you saw it as minor like me, or as a major issue that would lead to worse in the future.

Re: "Physical Warfare Pack available to all Battlefield 3 players later this year"

So quick question then. If you pre-order (don't have to pay for the Back to Karkand pack), then when do you exactly get the Back to Karkand pack since it isn't day one DLC. Do you get a code to download it when it's available or do you have to go where you pre-ordered to pick it up? Sorry if I'm slow. Haven't done anything stimulating all day lol.

Comment

Re: "Physical Warfare Pack available to all Battlefield 3 players later this year"

DICE bowing to public pressure me thinks.
      Hopefully they backflip on 4 man squads as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DTPleeoswald
        So quick question then. If you pre-order (don't have to pay for the Back to Karkand pack), then when do you exactly get the Back to Karkand pack since it isn't day one DLC. Do you get a code to download it when it's available or do you have to go where you pre-ordered to pick it up? Sorry if I'm slow. Haven't done anything stimulating all day lol.
        You get it the day of release of the DLC and they have not said how.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Makes me feel a bit better.

Comment

About this Physical Warfare Pack, they said at the moment its only available in the UK?
            I have pre-ordered the game on Origin yesterday, so can I assume I will get it along with the game on Origin?

Comment

Originally posted by vanilla
              About this Physical Warfare Pack, they said at the moment its only available in the UK?
              I have pre-ordered the game on Origin yesterday, so can I assume I will get it along with the game on Origin?
              Yes you will.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
              X