Likes/Dislikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likes/Dislikes

I'm still considering whether this game is worth upgrading for. I mean its much closer to a true Battlefield game than anything else we've seen since 2142, but will it be enough?

I'll start off with a basic list.

my likes:

Squads
    64 players
    prone
    Frostbite
    Jets

Dislikes

no commander
    NO MODS
    small squads
    fagcam

Re: Likes/Dislikes

JETS!?

Comment

No commander was noted a long time ago, no mod's was known as well. It's also known that because of the engine modding was implausible.

Comment

i thought killcam was out

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
          No commander was noted a long time ago, no mod's was known as well. It's also known that because of the engine modding was implausible.
          The information doesnt have to be new, I just wanted to stack up critiques of the game's info as of now. And I'm quite suspenseful as to whether the Frostbite engine really is that hard to mod, or Dice just wants to rake in the extra cash from map packs.

and yes, I like the jets

Comment

If by fagcam you mean killcam, hehe, there wasn't any in the E3 footage I've seen.

There's a lot of things that are unconfirmed yet, but if it's true that you only have access to your own factions weapons, then that's great news. Equppable knife seems to be in as well as grenades, being able to choose whether you want to be revived or not, suppression effects, 2142-esque kit system... Mainly positive stuff for me but I am concerned about 4 players squads and allspawning (unless you only can spawn on your squad leader, hard to tell)

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster
              The information doesnt have to be new, I just wanted to stack up critiques of the game's info as of now. And I'm quite suspenseful as to whether the Frostbite engine really is that hard to mod, or Dice just wants to rake in the extra cash from map packs.

and yes, I like the jets
              Everyone thinks that... except they actually posted a full article on why the game did not have mod tools. (or rather BC2)

Comment

I dont really mind the no mods aspect but having a kill cam in even in just regular mode (non HC) is pretty upsetting. Might as well take out any class with C4/Sniper rifles out of the game. Best part of BF2 for me was the guerilla warfare that you could wage or picking of enemies from a distance knowing they had no idea where you are. I guess this is Dice's way of balancing for no commanders to spot snipers or people hiding around bases, forest, etc. :dead:

Comment

you can't allspawn so far, at least that is what was shown in the gameplay videos, the only spawn options they had were the squad leader or their main and not other squad mates

whether this changes or depends on certain things like modes or maps I do not know

Comment

Modtool support in this era is I think an unreasonable demand just for one factor:

If a team of fans can work aroun din the engine and create content; so can a group of experimented programmers/designers from the competition, be it activision or ubisoft or whatever. Your run of the mill mini conversion of creating textures/models now risks competitors being able to reverse engineer your engine and see how you did your work.

Sure; Activision/Ubisoft don't lose anything if they release modtools; they are running on heavily modified OLD game engines that as of right now hold no secrets and their limits are known to pretty much everybody in the industry.

I can't blame DICE for not releasing modtools since Frostbite is not meant as a commercial engine; and their games have some actual content and are not just glorified techdemos like UE3 or iDtech wich are more of showcases for other COMPANIES about what the engines can accomplish and getting license deals. Hell, most of this generation of games in both console and PC run off UE3 after iDtech failed to make an impression and its limits were met rather easily while a lot of big game names were released on UE3 covering pretty much every gaming genre.

iDsoft and Epic stopped making games back in Quake 3 Arena and UT2003 respectively; Ubi goes half and half but they are more centered on consoles right now so they are a moot point for modtools; who else is developing actual games? IW and treyarch don't have a propietary engine, and even then, Activision has pretty much managed to kill mod support for those games so who's left?

Now on topic: BF3 -

-It's Battlefield.
                    -It's on PC.
                    -It's evolving from a well defined tough not well liked gameplay design.
                    -It will be different from everything available at the time, and will push technology forward.
                    -Said push in technology will force Sony, MS and possibly Nintendo to try and make bigger consoles in the future.
                    -Gameplay looks faster than BC2 and BF2, yet not to run and gun CoD levels.
                    -Weapons look realistic, sound realistic, and they seem to involve even more careful aiming.

Dislikes:

-BF fanboys all over the place that can't let go of BF2 shortcomings.
                    -The theme tune so far, it's taken away all of the epicness of the BF2142 rendition.
                    -It's not out yet.

And before somebody starts calling into question my BC2 stats and what not, telling me I am not qualified to emit an opinion on FPS and the like; I will NOT judge a game that has big letters telling it's PRE ALPHA footage. Even if the improvements in the final version are minimal from this footage, if it's pre alpha means it's unoptimized, buggy and unreliable.
                    Yeah call me names, both 2142 and BC2 betas improved drastically during both the beta, and between beta and launch; you can't deny this even if the end product is not to your liking; neither beta was representative of the final experience at launch; wich by right now is more of a tradition than a shortcoming, I'm convinced that a smoothl, bugless, crashless, glitchless BF launch would not feel lik ea bf game.

Comment

Straight up brah ^^

Comment

Working...
                      X