Wii U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii U

Did anybody watch Nintendo's E3 presentation? I recorded it so I could watch it but someone deleted so I had to watch videos online. The new console they unveiled was the the Wii U. The console itself looks like the Wii but rounder and a little bit bigger but the controller on the other hand is like a huge DS screen.

Its expected to come out sometime in 2012

I think it looks pretty interesting and I wasn't expecting something like this. If any of you have played a Mario Party game you would know this new way of playing can make games like Mario Party even better.

My only concern with the new console is it looks like the new controller will be really heavy. The DS already gets heavy if you just play it for a few hours and this thing looks like it's 4-5 times bigger. Although I have that one complaint I'm not really going to say anything else until I actually get to try it.

Re: Wii U

Yeah, thats strange. I wonder if they are moving away from motion or if you are suppose to throw that thing around. I can see it breaking. Maybe thats an optional controller.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

As i stated in the other thread:

The WiiU? Seriously? Nintendo when are you going to catch up?

I might aswell go get one of these:

I understand there is a new console aswell but i just dont understand the point of the controller to it. They demonstrated the thing making a phone call as if it was something magical. I have been making video calls for years now if i remember rightly?

Basically its pointless innovation.
      So theres a new console. GREAT. It can play good games like BF3. GREA.. wait every console can do that? It has a new controller that looks like a chunky PSP! GREA..... wait why? IT CAN MAKE PHONE CALLS!!!!!! .... but i already own a phone?

Comment

I didn't see the video about the phone but have you seen the actual demonstrations for the games. Like this:

Comment

I have watched the videos and im still not impressed :/

Comment

Unless you're maybe 5 years old that is :/

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
              Yeah, thats strange. I wonder if they are moving away from motion or if you are suppose to throw that thing around. I can see it breaking. Maybe thats an optional controller.

Crunch
              The video showed them using standard wii-motes too.
              But I dont see this giving Nintendo the edge in party games like the Wiimote did.

It is old news, several games already allows you to use a DS this way, and then there is this:

Comment

Project café but it can't do even do the café (coffee), there's no use to this console.

Comment

Don't worry guys, if Steve Jobs can shelve out useless remodel of the same crap with a different look and sell like crazy to the idiots, Nintendo won't have any problems.
                  Good example, the giant Ipod... I mean Ipad.

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                    Don't worry guys, if Steve Jobs can shelve out useless remodel of the same crap with a different look and sell like crazy to the idiots, Nintendo won't have any problems.
                    BUT IT HAS THE APPLE LOGO!!! ITS OBVIOUSLY NEW!

(obligatory lower case)

Comment

IPod XL

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                        You mean this?

Comment

Yeah, but that duct tape... it costs too much for the profit margins apple wants to achieve!

Comment

It looks like an Xbox with a tablet connected to it. I know tablet gaming is getting bigger but not what the hardcore gamer wants. It's what it sounds like the Wii Eww.

Comment

I have not done a lot of research on this new system but can anyone tell me if the Wii U will share the same wii ware system that was on the regular wii? Because I have tons of downloaded games and apps on it that I'd hate to rebuy.

Comment

Working...
                              X