Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What reasons do admins REALLY kick for?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What reasons do admins REALLY kick for?....

Now and then you see posts on forums from people complaining about getting kicked or banned from various servers. It seems about half of the people take the players side and half take the server owners side saying he probably deserved to be kicked etc. Rarely does anyone post a video though so i thought i would look back at just a few of the times i have been kicked and see if i really deserved it and what there reasons for it was and put them into a video showing my game play up to the kick.

Watch on youtube > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjqG0UQBr28&hd=1

or

Download > http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ROA2M7NE (401 MB, mp4)

Now these are just a small selection of times i have been kicked, a lot of the footage i have deleted to make space but i probably still have enough to make at least 3 more videos like this one if i wanted to, which is pretty bad really as i personally don't think any of the kicks i received in just this video are deserved for my actions. Now i gave my answer to the topic question at the end of the video but if you have a different opinion on why i get kicked so much then let me know as maybe it will help me with less kicks in the future

I'm not an abusive exploiting evil camping player, quite the opposite really, I play to win the round for the team, help my team by doing many team actions, constantly get objectives and kill lots of enemy. If you checked my stats you would see my objective score is higher than probably 90% of BFBC2 players so i can't be a camper like 2 of the kicks were for in the video. Apparently playing well is a kickable offense on many servers, especially if the admin is on the opposite side.

To answer the most common things i see in topics about players getting kicked I'll say this...

So why don't you just find another server?
    Well i do, but like i said this happens often and it gets annoying. Finding another normal well setup server that doesn't have stupid scripts, silly limits and rules or just not a 2000 ticket server etc etc etc can actually be quite hard at times and you usually cant tell these things until you have already joined it. But I'm always on the lookout for just normal stock servers that are lag free 24 player, all maps, normal tickets, no silly scripts and rules in UK/europe that are well admined. So feel free to suggest any like that.

So why don't you just rent your own server
    Short story, we did for a year and we ran it well, but now most in the clan don't play the game and so no funds. I shouldn't be forced to rent my own server just to play a game and i expect other clans to admin as well as i did.

So why don't you just post on the clans forum
    Its often not worth the time to sign up on all these foreign clan sites all the time as a lot of the time they will just abuse you and ban you from there as well. Sometimes you do get a decent clan say sorry and unban you though but its rare, for the clips in the video i did post for the last kick clip in the video you can see the forum response >HERE< which is actually quite a funny read This is a saved copy as the admin deleted all the posts in the thread shortly after his last post. I thought he might want to hide it though when he found out i had video proof of everything but it gives you a good insight into the minds of some of these admins hehe.

Anyway If you think these kick reasons were right and i deserved them then you now have 8 servers to add to your favorites (just try to to play on the same side as the admin in case you have a good round)

Re: What reasons do admins REALLY kick for?....

:blabla::zzzz:

Comment

Originally posted by Skates
      too many big words for you to read? ...its ok, rest your little head, there there

Comment

HA, well, Lcplawrence (or as well call him, Kraichek) is a bit of a loose nut, he really can't take getting owned!

But I am sorry you got kicked, I am sure if we invited you on our TS3 you would have a ball of a time with him, his raging is funnier than most of the stuff on Comedy Central.

Comment

@=MNKY=Frosty

heheh yeah its a shame he deleted that thread as it was pretty funny, i have nothing against the rest of you guys but i'm sure you could find someone else in the clan to admin your server....i'm sure they couldn't be worse hehe

Comment

1st Kick was from Baserape - on the 3rd stage of Valdez you were baseraping in the APC, as it is their main spawn of that time and their current base.

2nd Kick was for Camping - you may have capped a flag but you were still camping in the rocks.

3rd Kick was for Baseraping - You were baseraping beyond Flag A is their main spawn area. Players may be stupid to attack A but that doesnt mean you get to kill them still getting out of their main spawn.

4th Kick was for Aimbot - Yay you got kicked for a lame excuse because the other side didnt know you were on TS.

5th Kick was for Heli Spam.. - Not a clue what that is, but you were raping a flag where they were spawning (yes they're stupid), just before you were kicked you were shooting into the Base.

6th Kick was for Camping - I have to admit that that Admin in that case was wrong to kick you.

7th Kick was for "punkbuster" - They were idiots.

8th Kick was for Abusing Players - Tbh you deserved it.. hopping while being shot and then teabagging him, I would have done the same to you its disrespectful. He pays for the server along with some others, not many of their clan played BC2.

So out of 8 Kicks 6 are valid and your thread is almost meaning less.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto
              So out of 8 Kicks 6 are valid and your thread is almost meaning less.
              Well you are definitely in the minority who thinks this but let me respond to the ones you think are valid kicks.

1st Kick was from Baserape - on the 3rd stage of Valdez you were baseraping in the APC, as it is their main spawn of that time and their current base.
              Its Rush mode so the game is designed around attacking bases, so if anything then they were base raping me by attacking my base with the mcoms. What about when they took the 3rd set of mcoms all the people from my team don't instantly disappear and teleport back to our 4th base so are they then base raping too as they are still in there new base killing? No its up to the enemy team to clear them out. As for me killing in the APC then that was not base rape as they spawn further back in cover, the choke point where the road narrows is where a lot of kills take place and is perfectly acceptable to kill around there. Defenders don't have to wait until the enemy are stood at an mcom before they can kill them.

2nd Kick was for Camping - you may have capped a flag but you were still camping in the rocks.
              Well if you think stopping for a few seconds in cover to shoot someone and then reload and heal etc is camping then i don't know what to say lol, if you always run blindly out of cover with low ammo and health into on coming enemy than i would hate to see your KDR
              I don't like campers but i define them as someone who sits in the same place for a long time just to get easy kills and does not try to get the objectives. I would never kick them though....i just flank and shoot them in the back since i know where they will be

3rd Kick was for Baseraping - You were baseraping beyond Flag A is their main spawn area. Players may be stupid to attack A but that doesnt mean you get to kill them still getting out of their main spawn.
              No it isn't. Maybe you should check the map to see exactly where there base is and where they spawn, There base is miles away from flag A and from my position it would be pretty much impossible to get kills in there base. All the people that were killed were basically at flag A compared to being in there base.

4th Kick was for Aimbot - Yay you got kicked for a lame excuse because the other side didnt know you were on TS.
              So because we were on TS its ok and valid to kick for aimbot?

5th Kick was for Heli Spam.. - Not a clue what that is, but you were raping a flag where they were spawning (yes they're stupid), just before you were kicked you were shooting into the Base.
              I'm in an attack chopper....what do you want me to do? Only an idiot would try and hover low at a flag to cap it in a chopper with enemy all around as it would be pretty much instant death. My job in chopper is to kill the enemy at the flag and clear it for the ground troops to take it, which happened. If i was at that flag with an enemy chopper above i would simply kill the chopper, the fast shooting sniper rifles kill choppers fast! The tank in base had started to leave and had started shooting at me first as you can see by the tracers and damage indicators. Not that it mattered anyway as they had already kicked me before i defended myself by returning fire at the tank.

8th Kick was for Abusing Players - Tbh you deserved it.. hopping while being shot and then teabagging him, I would have done the same to you its disrespectful. He pays for the server along with some others, not many of their clan played BC2.
              The abusing players is just a default kick reason, The reason he gave was for bunny hopping which there is no rule against on there server. Yet there is a no gustav abuse rule which he broke. Jumping in this game has more negative effects than positives, so if you cant hit someone that moves slightly upwards while you are camped crouched in a corner and have the drop on them then maybe FPS games are not for you

Comment

I don't see this. If your talking about 1:15, shooting up the road, I wouldn't really consider that base raping.
                after they lose the mcom its what? 12 seconds before they get banned? so your talking about 12 seconds of "being in their spawn"? not sure i understand.

imo, if they dont like being raped spawning at a flag, then don't spawn at a flag on conquest. spawn way back at your main base where its safe. you have spawn options.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by Leki
                  too many big words for you to read? ...its ok, rest your little head, there there
                  Nope, just thread number two now from you looking for validation from the community. If I had a nickle for every thread I have seen over the past four years where someone was busy stroking themselves and looking for the community to join in and take a turn, I wouldn't have to work during the day.

Comment

@Skates

Well i have my own opinion on things like this and i'm interested in what others think too, whether they agree with me or not as long they have valid points then i'm happy to hear it. No stroking involved thanks. Or maybe this is how you like to admin on your NfB server?

Comment

Originally posted by Leki
                      Well you are definitely in the minority who thinks this but let me respond to the ones you think are valid kicks.

Its Rush mode so the game is designed around attacking bases, so if anything then they were base raping me by attacking my base with the mcoms. What about when they took the 3rd set of mcoms all the people from my team don't instantly disappear and teleport back to our 4th base so are they then base raping too as they are still in there new base killing? No its up to the enemy team to clear them out. As for me killing in the APC then that was not base rape as they spawn further back in cover, the choke point where the road narrows is where a lot of kills take place and is perfectly acceptable to kill around there. Defenders don't have to wait until the enemy are stood at an mcom before they can kill them.

It really doesn't matter what game mode it is a Base without objectives shouldn't be attacked. Different admins have different boundaries set. Of course this is unknown to players until they are removed.

As for the delay in the kick that could be a number of reasons, getting hold of an admin, having to alt+tab out to do the ban.

Well if you think stopping for a few seconds in cover to shoot someone and then reload and heal etc is camping then i don't know what to say lol, if you always run blindly out of cover with low ammo and health into on coming enemy than i would hate to see your KDR
                      I don't like campers but i define them as someone who sits in the same place for a long time just to get easy kills and does not try to get the objectives. I would never kick them though....i just flank and shoot them in the back since i know where they will be

Few seconds my arse. You sat on that rock for 20+ seconds, then capped the flag and returned to that same place until you were kicked. That is Camping.

No it isn't. Maybe you should check the map to see exactly where there base is and where they spawn, There base is miles away from flag A and from my position it would be pretty much impossible to get kills in there base. All the people that were killed were basically at flag A compared to being in there base.

I know where it is, you still spawn in to that little village that you were shooting at. Notice that there was no-one in your team in Armor following your example perhaps they knew what would happen to you. Except for you Clan mate.

So because we were on TS its ok and valid to kick for aimbot?

Clan mates I assume were communicating an enemies position and you react to that, depending on how fast your actions are it could mimic snapping to targets.

The abusing players is just a default kick reason, The reason he gave was for bunny hopping which there is no rule against on there server. Yet there is a no gustav abuse rule which he broke. Jumping in this game has more negative effects than positives, so if you cant hit someone that moves slightly upwards while you are camped crouched in a corner and have the drop on them then maybe FPS games are not for you

So if you hadn't had hopped you would be dead and probably still playing on the server, but because you were cheeky and decided to hop and teabag him you were kicked.. Hopping is still incredibly annoying it doesn't have any major effects but it does still make a little harder to kill someone who hops.
                      Originally posted by signa
                      imo, if they dont like being raped spawning at a flag, then don't spawn at a flag on conquest. spawn way back at your main base where its safe. you have spawn options.
                      True but people generally aren't that smart and tend to spawn where a threat is.

So why don't you just rent your own server
                      Short story, we did for a year and we ran it well, but now most in the clan don't play the game and so no funds. I shouldn't be forced to rent my own server just to play a game and i expect other clans to admin as well as i did.
                      Well you know what if you don't like how other servers are Admin'd then you should rent your own. You cant expect everyone to have the same exacting standards as yours.. I see there is some arrogancy in that statement.

You could post this on the Official EA Forums if you want a better response from others, but since they have a no name & shame policy I don't think a thread like this will be welcome.

Originally posted by Skates
                      I should have taken this as a sign.

Comment

It really doesn't matter what game mode it is a Base without objectives shouldn't be attacked. Different admins have different boundaries set. Of course this is unknown to players until they are removed.
                        Well the objective of the defenders if to get the attackers tickets to 0 by any means possible, If DICE didn't want enemy in the base they would make it out of bounds. Odd that my mate (without clan tags on) that was in the chopper over there base attacking and killing didn't get banned while me and my clan mate with tags on and high KDR's both did get banned. Yes some servers do set different boundaries, however those boundaries are often just how many times you need to kill admin before you get banned.

Few seconds my arse. You sat on that rock for 20+ seconds, then capped the flag and returned to that same place until you were kicked. That is Camping.
                        No it isn't, count the time I'm not moving over the rocks towards flags, know someone is close by and need to shoot them, or healing or reviving or reloading etc. Its not anywhere near 20 seconds. Like i already said if i know enemy is in front of me I'm not going to run out of cover with a few bullets in my clip and low health and let them shoot me. Let me know what you would do in that situation. Going back to the same place after capping a flag, well of course as thats the main map route to the other flags, Once its clear and I'm full on health and ammo i would move on to the next flag. I dont know if you have not played Vietnam but a lot of the maps are designed with very few ways through with lots of choke points. I often see 2 whole teams sat behind rocks firing at each other for a whole round as no one can move or push forward. So in those situations you think the whole server should be kicked?....its just the way the the maps were designed unfortunately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpS_8qkw14Q&hd=1 take a look at this great vid to see what camping is and isn't with admins involved.....shame BFBC2 doesn't have Battlefield recorder as i bet i could show the admins really camping on that map.

I know where it is, you still spawn in to that little village that you were shooting at. Notice that there was no-one in your team in Armor following your example perhaps they knew what would happen to you. Except for you Clan mate.
                        Wrong, try loading up the game now and spawn at that base, press M and you will see that where i killed all the people is no where near the base.

Clan mates I assume were communicating an enemies position and you react to that, depending on how fast your actions are it could mimic snapping to targets.
                        hahaha, sorry but no one can behave like an aimbot just from a teammate giving you a general locations of enemy constantly. Maybe wallhack but not aimbot. Anyway since when is it such a massive surprise for two clan members to be using VOIP? Any competent admin would know to expect this.

So if you hadn't had hopped you would be dead and probably still playing on the server, but because you were cheeky and decided to hop and teabag him you were kicked.. Hopping is still incredibly annoying it doesn't have any major effects but it does still make a little harder to kill someone who hops.
                        If he had not have broke his own actual server rules and killed me with a gustav then none of it would have happened either. If it makes it a little harder to hit someone who jumps then maybe just aim a little better to kill them...i have no problems when someone jumps when i'm shooting at them. I find getting gustaved a little annoying but you wont see me wanting someone kicked for it or see me complaining in the server chat did you?....its part of the game, i deal with it.

True but people generally aren't that smart and tend to spawn where a threat is.
                        And that is my fault because? i shouldn't be punished for other peoples stupidity.

Well you know what if you don't like how other servers are Admin'd then you should rent your own. You cant expect everyone to have the same exacting standards as yours.. I see there is some arrogancy in that statement.
                        My point is that its really not that hard to admin a server competently or fairly, There is a few servers out there that are well admined, its just a shame its so few compared to ones that are not.

Comment

Working...
                        X