Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it right to ban players for this....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it right to ban players for this....?

I'm just wondering on your opinion on this since resolving it with the clan that banned me on their forum didn't go so well.

Basically my opinion when playing rush mode is that we have to attack their base and spawns in order to effectively take the MCOMs and that is how the game mode is designed, I will often see choppers circling the MCOMs raining bullets down killing anything they see, for example blackhawks do this on a lot of the rush maps and I'm pretty sure that is what DICE intended to happen. If i get killed by a chopper I'll spawn engineer and fire a rocket at it and kill it. All seems fine and balanced to me.

So while doing this on {95th}'s clan server me and a clan mate were banned for it, So i did the right thing and posted on their forum to give them my point of view and ask them to answer some questions. (which they couldn't do)

You can see the 2 page forum thread on their public forum here http://www.the95th.org/e107_plugins/...opic.php?16699

I also saved a local copy here in case they edit it or remove it (surely they have no reason to try to hide it though...right?)
    http://www.*********.com/?zxchkr0s2x15p2t

Now maybe my post on their forum is strongly worded but i think its valid and i don't resort to any personal name calling etc.

Since {95th}'s view of events differer to what really happened and to prove everything i said in their forum is true i made a video showing the ban which you can see here:

Watch on youtube > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMILA2W_Slk&hd=1

Or

Download > http://www.*********.com/?er8b1c0r5cgf7a7 (111MB mp4)

Obviously they disagree and think they are right and me and my friends I have showed the thread to think that i am right and they are wrong. Now there is going to be bias involved when showing your friends or having a clan against you. So I am interested to hear a neutral view from any of the experienced gamers here on their opinion of who they think is right, no matter who's side you take.

Re: Is it right to ban players for this....?

pretty lame, but they pay for their servers so they can do whatever the F they want it seems.

just like the christian servers that kick you for saying WTF after you get TK'd.

Comment

we've always run our server as "anything is fair", except for hacking. They should learn how to use the AT4, then choppers wouldn't even be an issue.
      "Crunch's First Officer"
      twitter: @signaprime

Comment

If you can be killed, you can be killed.I've never been a fan of servers that limited the killing of the enemy, especially the servers operated by insecure prepubescents that tend to rage when you kill them or their flying rape chariot....

Comment

I agree with kicking the players that are killing your server. If you pay for a server you want it full and when someone can enter and piss most of the players off enough for them to rage quite it just plain sucks. It doesn't make it right but I do agree with kicking for it. My clan has a similar problem with some of our own members. Some people are way too good at some games and this makes it very hard to get people to stay on our server. No one likes be killed over and over again, where is the fun in that. I also believe that the no spawn killing rule should only apply to conquest and not rush.

Comment

heh all the ppl whining about getting killed n killed need to go play BF2 jet maps. BC2 is nothing compared to that.

Comment

if I had a server for BC2 its only rules would be no team killing or main baserape in conquest (cant baserape in Rush)

clans like that get on my nerves but sadly sore losers can rent servers so meh, you better off without them

haha true, put em on the carrier deck, hell even a brutal round of 2142 where you have walkers stepping on you lol

Comment

Comment

kill urself :dead:

Comment

I agree with just about everyone here. Yeah it sucks, but its their rights. I was banned on one server for using the M40. The admins thought it was the M21 and no way for me to get one hit kills with it. I didnt really want to be unbanned anyhow and I dont hold any ill feelings for it.

The other bans are what they are. They dont want me, I dont want them. Thats just how it is.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

As Crunch said, i also agree with everybody here. But why making another topic overhere? In my opinion are you kinda trying to destroy their reputation(Not that i know them anyways) since posting at their forums would be enough to be understanded and maybe unbanned. Now, i dont know how this process continued, but if you got banned permanently: Join a other server and continue you and your mates rampage:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                        heh all the ppl whining about getting killed n killed need to go play BF2 jet maps. BC2 is nothing compared to that.
                        I agree... Jets and god mode choppers killed B2. Soooooo glad I can down a chopper in BC2

Comment

Originally posted by Vegas
                          As Crunch said, i also agree with everybody here. But why making another topic overhere? In my opinion are you kinda trying to destroy their reputation(Not that i know them anyways) since posting at their forums would be enough to be understanded and maybe unbanned. Now, i dont know how this process continued, but if you got banned permanently: Join a other server and continue you and your mates rampage:salute:
                          I did post on the clans forum to try and resolve it but they just pretty much resorted to personal insults towards me by the end of it, you can read it as i posted a link to it there and also a zip file with the saved pages as they have now deleted the forum thread as they want to hide it which shows they do not even stand by there own words and actions.

Of course i do join another server after getting banned but i tend to get kicked and banned a lot from servers just for playing well, so once you have actually found what looks like a decent well setup normal server i then get kicked again.....it does get annoying at times.
                          To show what its like i'll be posting a new vid showing some of the kick reasons soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X