Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dx11

who plays the game on dx11?

i didn't bother before, but after getting used to soft shadows on dx11, i find it hard to go back to dx10 with the crappy shadows.

anyone else think dx11 is worth it for soft shadows alone?

Re: dx11

I honestly think the game isn't les enjoyable with either Dx11,10 or even 9. Sure thing that the game looks crap when you change it, sometimes it even crashes with the wrong configuration. But when i started, i looked at the amazing graphics(for that time) now i just focus on the game itself and how much i still ejoy playing it. So no, i don't think its worth it, but ofcourse everybody haves their own opinion!

Comment

I think DX9 is bad. I play it on 11, but only because I can, not because of the shadows. I think 10 is a very nice middle ground myself.

I think that if you can run it in 11 and still have high FPS, its worth it. Just my opinion though

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
        I think DX9 is bad. I play it on 11, but only because I can, not because of the shadows. I think 10 is a very nice middle ground myself.

I think that if you can run it in 11 and still have high FPS, its worth it. Just my opinion though

Crunch
        2x, I think 10 is a very nice middle ground myself and i will play bf3 in dx10 too!

Comment

lower graphics = you see better. I play with no shadows, and glare.

Comment

i only play on dx11. i couldn't tell the difference in performance whether i used 9, 10 or 11, so i went with what's prettiest.

Comment

how can you disable shadows and glare? i can only put them to a minimun

Comment

I cant get dx11 working, I change the setting.init but theres no difference in the game, then I recheck the file and its back to auto :dead:

Comment

i don't know if there are noticeable differences besides softshadows going form 10 to 11.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(= Evant3k
                    lower graphics = you see better. I play with no shadows, and glare.
                    How can you disable shadows in BFBC2?

Comment

DX11 runs better than either DX10 or DX9 for me

Comment

whats ur setup?
                        dx11 should always run worse than dx10...

Comment

Does anyone have an pics of what the softshadows look like in game, I'm pretty sure I'm still running n dx10

Comment

Your file is set to read only.

Crunch
                            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                              whats ur setup?
                              dx11 should always run worse than dx10...
                              DX11 runs better than DX10 for me. I replaced my 9800GTX with a GTX 460 and I recently bought a new motherboard to replace my failing lga775 board and gave my q6600 new life and I will be using it for quite some time. It will become my new HTPC when I buy new parts at the end of this year or sometime next year.

It's too bad about BC2 and DX9 mode though, I get crazy annoying micro stutter and nothing fixes it. I switched to Windows 7 64Bit as my everyday OS, because I got tired of the annoying stupid crap Windows XP was giving me, but Windows XP still runs BC2 faster than Windows 7 in DX10/11 mode and only slightly faster than DX9 mode.

Comment

Working...
                              X