System requirements for BF3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System requirements for BF3?

Has anyone seen any info concerning system specs for BF3 as I can barely get by right now when playing BC2. Any info would help !!!

Re: System requirements for BF3?

No. Wont be anything for some time. Maybe during E3.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

They only thing their saying is winxp is out. I say the min spec would be the same or slight higher.

Comment

i would say the same as bad company 2 but a little higher on the recommended specs. After all they have done the engine from scratch and it isnt a port anymore so i guess its best optimized for pc and as it is done from scratch again it wont have so many bugs and unecessary things that would slow it down?

Comment

my guess

x4 3.2 or higher
          Nvidia 480 or higher
          4gb ram
          win7

Comment

^that would be recomended but min should be

x2 2.2 GHZ
            Nvidia 9 series?
            2GB ram
            vista

Comment

Don't expect to get better FPS in bf3 if you are holding on in BC2.

Comment

Originally posted by Basil.
                They only thing their saying is winxp is out. I say the min spec would be the same or slight higher.
                No winxp ..........please clarify???????? AS I am currently running winxp pro.

Comment

Originally posted by rebel444
                  No winxp ..........please clarify???????? AS I am currently running winxp pro.
                  The game is DX10 and up, and it's only DX10 as a favor to those using vista, pretty much DICE said "this game is DX11 and we are going to take advantage of it, and DX10 is the ugly one".

They dropped support for DX9 completely, wich basically means you CANT run it through WinXP and no workaround for that either.

To the other poster; this being an optimized game for PC wouldn't that mean it would need less resources as it no longer has to emulate the console code?

Comment

Rebel, do you read any posts on any gaming site? That was a pretty big deal and talked about for a few months.

As for needing less resources, that is true, but the game is on a different engine to push more out of it. Theyve changed lighting, destruction, and character movement as well as increased map size and player count. If they left everything the same to equal BC2, then it would be less resources.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                      Rebel, do you read any posts on any gaming site? That was a pretty big deal and talked about for a few months.

As for needing less resources, that is true, but the game is on a different engine to push more out of it. Theyve changed lighting, destruction, and character movement as well as increased map size and player count. If they left everything the same to equal BC2, then it would be less resources.

Crunch
                      Sorry I missed that info......... have'nt kept in awhile as I do'nt read as much as I should. Thanks for the info Crunch.

Comment

The game looks amazing, if you read a lot of what the dice devs say they make the new engine (frostbite 2) sound really optimized. What this could mean is even though the game looks beautiful it might not be as cpu intensive, or graphical intensive on our machines. Of-course, this is just speculation but they did build the engine and sound like they put a lot of work into it. It reminds me of of how bad oblivions engine was coded and how bad the performance was for a lot of people, while other games coded right ran perfectly, looked better, and ran more smooth, like fallout 3.

Comment

how do you guys think my setup will hold?

i have:

intel i5 2.53ghz (4 cpus)
                          4 gigs of ram (going to get 8 soon)
                          nvidia gtx 460m

Comment

will run the game for sure

Comment

I need some recommendations on what graphics card to get, because Im planning on an i7 and around 6-8 gigs of ram

Also, I think if you are running a quad core that is beyone the core 2 quad I think you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X