Desert Combat and You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desert Combat and You

Yes, I have purchased the Battlefield 1942 anthology, and am wondering which version of the Desert combat mod is the best, as I read on its wikipedia page (yes, it actually has one!) that there are several versions.

Now, I know that online play for Australia is a problem, so Im not bothered as much with that. But is there singleplayer support in any version?

Thanks

5t3v0.

Re: Desert Combat and You

They all have singleplayer support, I used to play it a lot with bots.

I think there's DCX and just regular DC, I'm not sure.

Comment

Cool. Wiki lists the following: Linky

but im not sure which one is the one to go. thanks though, I was worried I may not be able to properly try this mod. Also, how do the bots react to changes?

Comment

They kind suck haha, they can't really fly helicopters or anything.. but they make good targets.

Comment

Either the 0.7 version or the Final version (patch for 0.7) is the one to play. Try to install 0.7 and check if there are any servers online, if not patch it to Final. That said I don't think it matters too much because I really doubt there are any aus/nz servers for either.

Browse Desert Combat mod for Battlefield 1942 files to download full releases, installer, sdk, patches, mods, demos, and media.

Infantry maps work great with bots.

Comment

I know of an American server that plays a bunch of maps that used to be going strong every single day, but no NZ servers.

Comment

Im in Aus remember, Havent lived there for a few years now... but still dont think there is going to be many Aus servers either... and besides, NZ players are often on Aus Servers.

Comment

Use seeingeye or Qtracker to see who playing what mods in australia

Currently people in Australia playing:

81 playing desert sombat
                7 playing eve of destruction(awesome ww2 mod)
                1 playing desert combat extended
                12 playing forgotten hope(also a aswesome ww2 mod)
                13 plaing secret weapons(awesome maps)
                4 playing galactic conquest( a very awesome star wars like mod before 2142 was made)
                and even 1 person playing BF pirates(a fun mod)made by a old forum member.

Comment

Oooh... Awesome. Better get Desert combat soon then.

Comment

those numbers have been like that for 7 years and never will die:wee:

Comment

annoyingly, even at gamershell-austral-asia its taking forever to download. Had one filefront download (filefront is usually good to me... ) completely collapse when my newly installed Windows 7 decided to go into sleep mode while I was at dinner. Gah. Cant wait though, but need to get the complete 0.8 patch as well... what a fun way to wait.

Comment

Just tried desert combat Singleplayer... Quite awesome. I can see where they built Battlefield 2 from... but there are a few things that I noticed... for one, Planes and helicopters can actually move! I was surprised a few times and I need to get used to DC helis.

Comment

The controls are different from BF2 for the choppers if I remember correctly.

The planes move almost too much haha, I could never control those things.

Comment

yeah no auto hover but once you get used to the little bird you can do rings and planes are hell agile fun

Comment

what maps are the best for vehicle combat? This mod still has Battlefield trait of "Alright, but nothing special" Ground combat.

Comment

Working...
                              X