Battlefield need more squad Diversity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield need more squad Diversity

As we can all see that the United States army consist of many people of races. I feel that they need to add more diversity to the main kit soldiers. My friend Jerome only plays the engineer in battlefield 2 because Jerome is also black, but not to say that he is racist or anything but it feels nice to relate sometimes. We outta have at least 1 Mexican and 1 Asian infantry kit soldier added because America is made up of all kinds of people who is willing to give there life for our country as well...
    Just a rant =):salute:

Re: Battlefield need more squad Diversity

I corrumba!:shock:,does Jerome like stereo typing?lol
    You have a whole asian army in bf2?

Welcome back red:thumbsup:

Yes your right America and even Australia are made up from all cultures in the world:wee:

Comment

We should have the possibility to switch gender, skin color, religion, penis/boobs size etc so everyone can relate!

Seriously it's a game, I'm white and I have no problems when I take a black guy in a game (especially BF where you're in first person view and you change classes often). I say Jerome have a problem.

Comment

The engineer in bf2 is a white guy. The anti-tank and the heavymachinegun guy (the one with the ammobags) are the oness who are black. I guess you are confusing with bfbc2 because the engineer and anti-tank are mixed together.

Originally posted by Infernalis
        Seriously it's a game, I'm white and I have no problems when I take a black guy in a game (especially BF where you're in first person view and you change classes often). I say Jerome have a problem.
        also i have to agree with this. It's a game, i played lara croft and i didnt rant because i was playing with a girl and not with a boy. I mean, probably some light customization would be fine so not everyone would look the same (but only like face customization, and no facepaint and stuff like that that would remove the "theme" of the game)
        I allways played a lot in the MEC and i did not mind beeing arabian, i just played there for the AK and for the dragunov. To be honest, that "skin" problem of jerome it's his problem.

Comment

Never once have I even thought about the skin color of the player model I was using.

Comment

That's his problem IMO. You don't even see your characters face anyway.
            Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I know for me personally I feel more immersed into the game when the character looks more similar to me but that doesn't mean i'm not going to pick a heavy machine gun because he's black. In BF you don't ever even see yourself anyway(besides hands) and most of the time you'll have gloves on. I wouldn't be surprised though if they added in a customize character option in BF3 because I saw one in BF P4F.

Comment

Red we can always depend on you for coming up with the most random and outlandish rants on the BF forum. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                  but not to say that he is racist or anything but it feels nice to relate sometimes. We outta have at least 1 Mexican and 1 Asian infantry kit soldier added because America is made up of all kinds of people who is willing to give there life for our country as well...
                  Internet rule number 472a: The only people who need to begin a sentence with "Now, I am not a racist, but" are racists.
                  I could see an issue if the US side was "white washed" and only had caucasian soldiers, because that could be kind of insulting to many Americans.

But refusing to play anything but your own skin colour? What would we think of a pale-face that refused to play as an Engineer because the character is black?
                  I couldnt even tell you what "races" the different classes has, I dont look much like a marine regardless of skin colour, so why care?

Comment

Im just wondering, does it matter? They are all probably going to wind up dead and covered in blood (or in battlefield 2's case: Dust) anyway. Im pretty sure that would encourage people to say "OMG! The have pictures of minorities killed in that evil child hating game!"

Well that last bit is a bit of a stretch, but is it really neccesary? sure, variations are a must, but its not like its going to be a deal breaker. And this comes from a tanned-New Zealand-Maori-Phillipino multi-caste here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                      I corrumba!:shock:,does Jerome like stereo typing?lol
                      You have a whole asian army in bf2?

Welcome back red:thumbsup:

Yes your right America and even Australia are made up from all cultures in the world:wee:

No, Jerome isn't stereotyping he is just relating. =)
                      Yes we did have that but none of em were on the "good guy" side aka USMC. :P
                      And thanks for the welcome. =)

Originally posted by infernalis
                      We should have the possibility to switch gender, skin color, religion, penis/boobs size etc so everyone can relate!

That's a great idea infernalis!

Originally posted by jimykx
                      The engineer in bf2 is a white guy. The anti-tank and the heavymachinegun guy (the one with the ammobags) are the oness who are black. I guess you are confusing with bfbc2 because the engineer and anti-tank are mixed together.
                      Yeah, you're right I totally mixed it up.

Originally posted by kylee
                      Never once have I even thought about the skin color of the player model I was using.
                      Same here, but I'm just saying it'd be cool in a way.

Originally posted by stryker
                      I know for me personally I feel more immersed into the game when the character looks more similar to me but that doesn't mean i'm not going to pick a heavy machine gun because he's black. In BF you don't ever even see yourself anyway(besides hands) and most of the time you'll have gloves on. I wouldn't be surprised though if they added in a customize character option in BF3 because I saw one in BF P4F.
                      Yeah, I agree. Its not like I don't play any other kit because of this and that but its just kinda cool to see it included.

Originally posted by yoster
                      Red we can always depend on you for coming up with the most random and outlandish rants on the BF forum. :P
                      Thanks Yoster! I'm glad you see it that way and I'll take that as a complement ahah!

Originally posted by Vreki
                      But refusing to play anything but your own skin colour? What would we think of a pale-face that refused to play as an Engineer because the character is black?
                      I couldnt even tell you what "races" the different classes has, I dont look much like a marine regardless of skin colour, so why care?
                      It's not that he refuses or people refuses it's just that by EA implementing it in, it makes some players feel some kinda included

Originally posted by 5tv3v0
                      Im just wondering, does it matter? They are all probably going to wind up dead and covered in blood (or in battlefield 2's case: Dust) anyway. Im pretty sure that would encourage people to say "OMG! The have pictures of minorities killed in that evil child hating game!"

Well that last bit is a bit of a stretch, but is it really neccesary? sure, variations are a must, but its not like its going to be a deal breaker. And this comes from a tanned-New Zealand-Maori-Phillipino multi-caste here.
                      Yeah I can understand that, I mean look at Left 4 Dead 2 and Resident evil 5 with the controversial of the black zombies. In battlefield it will be different because we'll be the good guys... the USMC!!!

Comment

good guys?who is going to police the police?

Comment

Originally posted by Redink
                          . In battlefield it will be different because we'll be the good guys... the USMC!!!
                          Its been a while, but as far as I recall the US are the aggressors in most BF2 maps. I kind of liked that, it was a nice break from the norm.
                          Same with BF2142, it wasn't about good or evil, but survival.

I don't really want people to focus on ethnicity or nationality in a game like this, nothing good will come from that.

Comment

Come on! It's a game! and in a real war there are no good guys :P

Comment

I like what Medal of Honor Allied Assault did, they allowed you to select the skin you wanted to use online.

Comment

Working...
                              X