Battlefield 3 Full 12 Minute "Fault Line" Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3 Full 12 Minute "Fault Line" Trailer

Should look up videos of the Japanese earthquake...buildings swaying back and forth like mad. They know how to build earthquake proof skyscrapers!

Comment

Yea, I know buildings can fall over and such, the asphalt waving up and down is what is unrealistic.

Comment

is it?

Comment

I am still waiting for proof that is real, until then it doesn't exist.

Comment

Originally posted by muffinmn100
            I am still waiting for proof that is real, until then it doesn't exist.
            No offense, but you are asking for evidence like that of light being both a wave and a particle. You would have to find someone crazy enough to have a cam handy when an earthquake has this characteristics, keep a cool enough head to film it, survive with the cam intact, and post it in some blog.

Comment

I looked on youtube and couldn't find anything, most results I found were from the current Japanese disaster and nothing really of the earthquake as it was happening.

I still think its possible, does it happen all the time, or on that scale? Probably not, but our floating rock has done wilder things in the past!

Comment

Well, I've been in a lot of earthquakes ranking from 3.0 - 8.0, never seen that happen. Never wanted to turn this topic into earthquakes ,but whatever. I'll give DICE their creative freedom.

Comment

This is what a
                  S wave , or transverse wave does to the ground:

This is what a P wave, or longitudinal wave does to the ground:

Comment

HAHA, SCORE! +rep jimmy.

Ive been in many earthquakes as well and the reason why you dont see that is because youre in it. It also depends on the buildings and how the road is done.

With that said, I dont think the BF3 guy would see that coming to him as well because he would be in it. Little shocks before the big shocks would prevent that. Its still cool though and its just a game

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Thanks! i've been studying geology for something xD

Comment

Working...
                      X