Will BF3 have a PC feeling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will BF3 have a PC feeling?

You know that special feeling a game that was really made for a PC has?

The first Call of Duty has it, Battlefield 2 has it, Deux EX has it, Need for Speed 1, 2, 3 have it,... I can't quite explain what it is, but they feel like PC games.

Do you think BF3 will have this feel to it?

Re: Will BF3 have a PC feeling?

Well I certainly hope so. Considering that it is actually designed from the ground up for the PC and then ported over to the consoles, instead of the other way around, I would think it would.

Comment

lets pray for this to happen!

Comment

the feeling you speak of is called"freedom"

free to walk where you want,fly where u want,attack what you want,defend what you want

Comment

BC2 had that Battlefield feeling for me, so yeah, I think it will. The way the soldier moved and how the weapons worked and the vehicles handled, except for the helicopters.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

"DICE: BF3 Will Have the Largest Maps We’ve Ever Made"

PC feel to the max!

Comment

It's not just movements and the freedom, it's menus, dialogs, everything.

Comment

Yea I know what you mean. I think it will. I thought BC2 had it for the most part, just not in the size of the combat areas.

Comment

I'm afraid that they're including "air space" as the largest maps ever and thus actual troop movement will be much less, so for the freedom aspect we just don't know. That PC feel wasn't in BC1or2 with out of bonds way to close to combat leaving people trapped into walking straight into death because of it. If BF3 doesn't live up to the hype of being the next BF2 than the franchise will be dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
                    the franchise will be dead.
                    This sentence has no meaning anymore. Ive heard that statement so many times for so many different things and what they were applied to is that the FPS in question is still alive and well. Some things have shifted, like CoD, "without dedicated servers the franchise is dead." As it rakes in billions on PS3 and Xbox. Yeah, its dead for PC, but the franchise is kicking along and making tons of cash.

Same for BC2, "If there are no jets, BC2 is dead." "If there are not more maps, BC2 is dead." "If there are no mod tools, BC2 is dead." "If the bugs and balance is not fixed, BC2 is dead." It was a huge surprising success for PC. Not dead even now. A little smaller, but not dead.

The only time I have seen this statement work is when the game was entirely broken out of the box and lost its player base too late, like MoH and FFoW.

All games die, thats how it goes. So one day they will be dead, but not yet.

Oh, and this isnt geared at you Stryker, I just see it so many places and for so many things and I think people need to relize that it just doesnt mean anything. The BF franchise will be dead to you.

Crunch
                    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I know what you mean Crunch, i mean COD is no where near dead, it's alive and kicking, but has been completely and utterly dead after UO to me. Dead just means there not what they originally were.(1942) To PC, the "feeling" is directly associated with having it created for PC but they must have been aware when making it to hold back some places or else it wouldn't fit on the 360(the weakest system) so in theory, to me, it would be dead if the franchise goes in the COD direction which at this point nothing is..sadly.. ruled out.

The movement of air ships in BC2 felt so...soft. Especially when they explode. I hope there movement results how heavy they are, and them exploding how not toyish they are. Also clipping a tree/anything should be almost/ or instant death.

Realistically, the Sniper is the weapon to use. It's superior long distant and heavy damage in real life make it a suburb weapon against enemies in open distances. In BC2 snipers destroyed, probably because of the map layout, but even on denser maps handled and faired to easily. Realistically, not everyone has a sniper, and is also running around with 15k equipment. I'm not one who wants BF3 to be super realistic, but Snipers can't own like they did in BC2, it makes it feel consolely. In BF2, snipers were okay but was never the class to be on any map. BF2 had the PC feel, even 2142, but not BC1 or 2.

Comment

Snipers didn't own in BC2... I would say assault and Medic class has the ability to mow down many more swaths of enemies.

I also think you might mistake the "PC" feel for the "dated" feel. 1942 was made in 2002, of course it will feel different... have you ever gone back and tried playing those games? Movement isn't nearly as smooth as newer games, and it just feels clunky. Of course games will have a smoother feel to them now because thats just technological advances, and thats how I think it should be. Smoother = better.

Although this obviously doesn't apply to everything, I would definitely like a little more control over my helicopters.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                          BC2 had that Battlefield feeling for me, so yeah, I think it will. The way the soldier moved and how the weapons worked and the vehicles handled, except for the helicopters.

Crunch
                          I fear that singelplayer will be a rail-shooter with quicktime events. But I am pretty trusting in DICEs ability to make a good MP game. Like you said, BC2 felt PC enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stryker
                            I'm afraid that they're including "air space" as the largest maps ever and thus actual troop movement will be much less, so for the freedom aspect we just don't know. That PC feel wasn't in BC1or2 with out of bonds way to close to combat leaving people trapped into walking straight into death because of it. If BF3 doesn't live up to the hype of being the next BF2 than the franchise will be dead.
                            I agree with you,BC had that"you play how we tell you to play feeling".Not BF at all but rather trying to use a COD game with a BF name.More a mongrel game if you dont mind lol.

p.s swaths,good use of a word i havent herd for ages Kylee.

Comment

Working...
                            X