Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you find there's more teamwork on Hardcore servers or regular ones?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you find there's more teamwork on Hardcore servers or regular ones?

Hey guys,

Been playing Heavy Metal HC for the past 3 months and just went back to regular Heavy Metal servers and I've really noticed that there is more teamwork on the regular servers. More medics and Assault to replenish you and just plain more CONSIDERATION.

I don't know if it's because of the map but I find Heavy Metal HC is just too full of self serving snipers who populate the map and don't give a rats ass if their team wins or loses. All they want to do is sit there and snipe from a distance. Whereas with the regular Heavy Metal servers, due to kill cam, not as many snipers and they are quickly and easily dealt with, hence keeping the game focused on the real battle.

Re: Do you find there's more teamwork on Hardcore servers or regular ones?

Yeah, I find more teamwork on regular and I think thats not because of mentality, but the fact that if you do something supportive, you may get killed easy.

Its hard to be a medic in HC because you cant find the bodies in time unless you see them. Then you are out in the open. Engineer exposing himself to shoot at vehicles are going to get taken down quicker as well. So, I tend to see more assault and snipers playing HC. One running around tubing and the other sniping.

It could be attitude, but I think its more of self-preservation than anything else.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah since ive switched from playing on the PS3 where i played almost pure regular to PC where the hardcore outnumber the regular i see the same thing.

Comment

In HC, all people do is sit at the back of the map with their sniper x12 zoom or whatever it is and 1 shot kill everyone when they spawn.... :R

Comment

I will always standby my opinion that any "hardcore" mode in any game since CoD4 is very much broken in terms of gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
            I will always standby my opinion that any "hardcore" mode in any game since CoD4 is very much broken in terms of gameplay.
            It's just companies trying to re-invent the wheel... in the end it's all "broken" no matter what game it is.

For the record, I really don't think BC2 is broken in terms of how they balanced out the classes and the vehicles. It's nice to see that one rocket hit to a chopper brings it down as opposed to the many that you'd need in BF2. Keeps the chopper whores from dominating.

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
              In HC, all people do is sit at the back of the map with their sniper x12 zoom or whatever it is and 1 shot kill everyone when they spawn.... :R
              not true. not in the slightest.

maybe on heavy metal (becasue that map is made for sniping and vehicle whoring), but on every other map there is the same amount of teamwork just smarter and more careful teamwork. the medics have to eliminate the threat before running out to revive and the engineers have to use tracers to fire from cover, but the teamwork is still the same.

the only thing different about teamwork on hardcore is that motion sensors arnt useful and medics have to look for bodies. also, the 3d spotting doesn't work so thats awesome as well.

Comment

Hardcore mode, I get spawn killed over and over.

I think more team work lies in who your squad mates are

Comment

Originally posted by (BG)Patton
                  not true. not in the slightest.

maybe on heavy metal (becasue that map is made for sniping and vehicle whoring), but on every other map there is the same amount of teamwork just smarter and more careful teamwork. the medics have to eliminate the threat before running out to revive and the engineers have to use tracers to fire from cover, but the teamwork is still the same.

the only thing different about teamwork on hardcore is that motion sensors arnt useful and medics have to look for bodies. also, the 3d spotting doesn't work so thats awesome as well.
                  Well, maybe on the servers you play! :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                  X