Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Battlefield 3 due out Nov. 2, says EA Download Manager - Report

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
    There are fiscal dates though that have to be met. So holding it back too long could throw the profit margins into the wrong period and cause shareholders to go crazy.

Also, they've said they are going after CoD. If I was going to do that, I would put the dates close enough to make people choose. Of course, I would also make it $50 across the board, but that aint happening.

Crunch
    It IS $50 if you know where to buy from I got it for $45 Limited Edition and all.

Chances are the game is well deep in development and closer to beta stage at this point; BC2 came out seemingly out of nowhere and 2142 was like that too; both games also had betas that "improved" radically in less than two weeks; BF2142 last stretch of open beta still had explofing titans that resetted and all types of bugs and performance issues that went away one week later at launch.

Remember how BF3 was "leaked" around the launch of BC2? and by accident too; I remember one of the artists was credited as working on BF3 textures well before it was announced BF3 was an actual thing going on; this game has been in development for well over a year now, perhaps more.

DICE has enough practice that multiplayer is not a problem anymore, they are struggling with SP and toppling cod now.

Comment

The thing that worries me is that somewhere down the line we are owed a beta and i dont want to see it arrive in october which is supposedly a month before the "release" date. EA are typical at doing this sort of thing though, they push out a beta and the second it is "relatively playable" they ship it out as a finished game leaving millions of fans moaning and wondering why they have paid for beta content. (MoH, Crysis 2)

I want to see the beta arrive sometime in maybe August, this way they have plenty of time to really iron out the bugs and listen to and apply the feedback from the beta. Rather than all the beta feedback basically being used as a Day 1 patch release that will only do more harm than good.

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
        Isn't it a law that games have to be released on Tuesday in the US though? Or is that just an informal practice?
        The way I heard it, the weekly sales charts are calculated from different days in different countries, e.g. Tuesday in the US.
        So if you want your game to top the charts in the first week, you will have to time the release to match a "chart week"

Comment

Its probably going to be a worldwide release like COD.

Comment

Originally posted by muffinmn100
            Its probably going to be every bit like COD.
            Fixed your post (joke)

Comment

*insert hate filled rage against rambo, with 1337 speech and general mashing of keyboard*

Just kidding rambo, why would anyone here hate you, your like the forum grandfather! :wee:

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
                *insert hate filled rage against rambo, with 1337 speech and general mashing of keyboard*

Just kidding rambo, why would anyone here hate you, your like the forum grandfather! :wee:
                why!?!?!? i allways thought of him like the forum grandmother

Comment

Originally posted by jimykx
                  why!?!?!? i allways thought of him like the forum grandmother
                  Yeah, but grandmothers dont always go on about the good ol' days

Comment

When i was a boy ,we were satisfied with a rock in a empty can for entertainment

(I actually got told this when i was younger,many years ago lol)

Comment

If thats the case why is what we have not good enough? Then again... overcomplicating things...

Comment

It's hard to be contented when you know there's something better, especially in modern society which revolves about consumption. Unless you never feel lassitude or have a particular state of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambo
                          When i was a boy ,we were satisfied with a rock in a empty can for entertainment

(I actually got told this when i was younger,hundreds of years ago lol)
                          :awes

Comment

lol

Comment

Working...
                            X