SERVER ADMINS stop kicking players with stupid scripts [VIDEO]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SERVER ADMINS stop kicking players with stupid scripts [VIDEO]

TL;DR = Server admins turn off the stupid plugins and scripts as they don't work, break the game and make it annoying to play. Kicking players for things like this is very stupid. SEE VIDEO

Watch it streaming on youtube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjqW6O8lP84&hd=1

Or

Download link for video here http://www.*********.com/?28g29tcr54ts41d (77MB MP4)

It seems more and more servers are using rcon plugins and scripts on there servers to try and do things with the game that it was never designed for, unfortunately a lot don't work properly and just create other problems.

First off is the anti-baserape scripts a lot of servers run. As you can see from the video they can't really tell what is base rape and what isn't and enemy players can abuse it by camping in their own base shooting out knowing that anyone brave enough to shoot back at them will be punished. This game was designed for bases to be attacked if needed....why do you think DICE allow players into enemy bases and put mounted guns, AA guns etc inside the base that allow people to shoot out and kill people from half way across the map on some levels. For example the main base anti-air guns on atacama desert can shoot choppers down all the way to the middle flag. Yet if someone returns fire on the guy camping in base on the AA then it's "OMG BASE RAPE! how dare you attack poor defenseless base campers!"
    If you really must have a no base rape rule on your server then admin your server manually and warn/slay players for actually entering the base and base raping and not just for returning fire.

Next up is the kicking for high KDR plugins, now I'm guessing this is some lame way to try and stop cheaters? yet I bet a lot more innocent players will get kicked than actual cheaters as its not hard to have a good round and get a high KDR, especially if you use vehicles etc. Also what is the point of the stupid warnings as seen in the video, do admins really expect players to purposely stop playing well and kill themselves a few times? You think a blatant aimbotter will go "oh i got a warning i'll turn my hax off now and play legit?" Seriously this is even a more stupid plugin than the base rape one.

Next is the kit/class limiting plugins, on one server i tried to spawn on a medic squad member as a close combat recon player with C4 as he was hid near an enemy tank. I thought this should be an easy tank kill.....but no, the server limits recons to one and so i was killed by the server for being recon. However the medic keeps reviving me and the server keeps killing me, this goes on for some time, i finally get him to stop reviving me and then spawn as medic myself since the tank is long gone by now. Then the server kills me as there are too many medics! GRR. I leave the server.
    I hate a team full of useless wookies sat sniping on a hill as much as anyone but these kit/class limited servers cause many more problems than they solve. There is also no easy way to tell how many of your team are a certain class to avoid this happening (the classes listed on the squad screen are bugged).

So to all the server admins out there please don't use these stupid scripts and instead try to admin your servers yourself as I'm sure you can do a better job as its getting harder and harder to find decent well run servers.

I just REALLY hope this trend doesn't carry over to BF3.

Re: SERVER ADMINS stop kicking players with stupid scripts [VIDEO]

As for the script thing, I cant blame admins for adding that as it shows that people are editing their files for specific reasons. No, they dont work, but someone is in there playing with them to do something.

Admins cant be on all the time either, so you have to do what you have to do.

As for the program that does the KDR and kit limitation, yeah, thats messed up. People have good games. maybe people with bad KDR should be kicked as well so that a really good player doesnt get kicked because they keep running into stupid players that get killed. Its always one sided. Same goes with the program that doesnt allow you to shoot into the uncap, but the people can shoot out of it. Again, one sided.

Good thing there are other servers to chose from.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

hahaha man that sucks. I never seem to have problems with west coast or Seattle servers. :awes

Comment

Wow. That is above and beyond lame.....

Comment

I know of at least one server that kicks you for using RPG's on infantry without another warning if you kill as far as I remember. The server was called [SaS]24/7 , there are at least 2 SaS clan servers in the UK. I wasn't kicked, but I saw a ton of other people being kicked while I was testing out some new computer parts.

Comment

Our server doesn't do that.

Comment

To be perfectly honest I'd much rather deal with the scripts than the ban happy Jr admins who think they can tell when someone is hacking determined solely on how many times they were killed by said player......I see an awful lot of rage bans lately initiated by admins.

Comment

agreed

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrukh
                  agreed
                  well said sir!
                  "Crunch's First Officer"
                  twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Im playing online game for some time(9-10 years) and found out that German server(most) are totally over managed
                    The tons of server messages what you may and may not do, what weapon not to use etc etc plus.... kick happy admins
                    best to stick with servers from Briton and Scandinavia, usa server are also ok most of them

Comment

Working...
                    X