Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it be a good clan and competitions game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it be a good clan and competitions game?

This is my question as the title says, "Will it [BF3] be a good clan and competitions game?"

I was heavily involved in BF2 with my former clan and we did several competitions (and actually came in 3rd once!) we tried to build part of the clan around the game but other factions wanted to play other games (that's another story). But the game was great for building up a clan and getting into competitions. It seems like other than COD (which I despise to the utmost) no other game has garnered such attention to become a good game for building a strong PC clan and being able to enter competitions.

I am actually thinking of rejoining my old clan which has fallen into disrepair... and rebuilding them around BF3 and putting BFBC2 as a stepping stone for the next few months. The clan started back in like 2003 with MOH: Spearhead and after the game began to declined tried to dive into every semi popular FPS of the last few years and as a result has made it kinda fall apart.

I really want to hope that BF3 will be the game I am able to look towards to help rebuild a clan, what do you think?

Re: Will it be a good clan and competitions game?

Damn I hope so.

If not competitive PC gaming will probably die out, there is a lot riding on this game.

Comment

I think it will be a good clan game, but not a good competitive game.

They havent mentioned any of this yet, of course, but if certain tools and features are not built into the game and there are no mod tools, then it will be hard to shape BF3 competitively.

I would think there would have to be a minimum of some type of Battle Recorder, unrank option, and turning off certain items. I suppose a competitive league could get by without these things, but it would make it all much harder.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Neither on both accounts. People don't care for competitive gaming anymore. That would require depth and longetivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
          Neither on both accounts. People don't care for competitive gaming anymore. That would require depth and longetivity.

Comment

i don't think so, agree with CptainCrunch

Also if there is a need to rent clan/warservers (i'm sure you will have to) , it will never become a good clan game.

Comment

Working...
            X