Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Console version to be "scaled down"/ More Pc exclusive features on the way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Console version to be "scaled down"/ More Pc exclusive features on the way.

More good news for PC gamers and more bad news for console gamers:

We are going to make this game on 360 and PlayStation 3 as well, [but] we need to scale it down to those platforms," he told the latest issue of PC Gamer in a special preview.

"The PC players are going to love to hear that, but it's a fact. The hardware specs on the console are limited.

and:

"There's going to be unique features on the PC version of this game, some of which I think people are going to be very pleased about. I can't reveal all of them... but I can reveal that there will be a lot of extra love put into the PC version of this product."

Re: Console version to be "scaled down"/ More Pc exclusive features on the way.

Hum, what kind of feature can it be? Commander and things like that?

Comment

They said there would be no commander IIRC, but that would be awesome.
      Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I dont know, reading between the lines, this article almost sounds like it is rehashing the smaller player count and assuming map sizes would be adjusted because of this.

There could be other things, but I wouldnt be surprised if that was all. Maybe some visual things.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if BF3 felt like BC2.1 on the consoles.

Comment

I suppose Dice expects me to fap to this, when its what we had to begin with.

Comment

Well I dunno, like I say alot, with how badly we have been shafted as of late (CoD, REALLY? 32 players for the first 4 PC CoDs [1-5, not counting 3 as it was console exclusive] now we have a 12 player cap on most types of servers, and 18 on Ground war? Though I cant say the same for Black ops as I havent got it), I have humbled myself enough to take what Im given really. But Im only a BF2 vet, so Im not sure how much that counts.

Comment

some pc exclusives will only be for single player anyways. something people won't go back to after the first week of owning the game.

Comment

Working...
                X