Paying to win.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Paying to win.

Thats the thing people on the FORUMS didnt want it. They did surveys on the people who played it, and they found that most of the active players did not visit the forum at all, a small percentage only visited the forums for news updates and a very small minority actually posted on the forums.

They also did surveys on what would make people use the store more often, and alot of people mentioned permanant weapon purchases and stat boosts.

I watched the entire presentation, and found it really interesting and might use it as an example if im ever doing something on a particular business in my economics class.

Comment

Originally posted by 5t3v0
      Thats the thing people on the FORUMS didnt want it. They did surveys on the people who played it, and they found that most of the active players did not visit the forum at all, a small percentage only visited the forums for news updates and a very small minority actually posted on the forums.

They also did surveys on what would make people use the store more often, and alot of people mentioned permanant weapon purchases and stat boosts.
      I have little faith in surveys, they are too easily manipulated by careful selecting of the questions.
      • How much do you spend on BF:H monthly?
      • Would you be willing to spend more on clothes?
      • Would you be willing to pay more for new weapons?
      • Are you concerned that paying customers may get a significant advantage?
      • Would you be willing to pay $30 a month to stay competitive?

Except that the last couple of questions wouldn't be in the poll, of course. So the random player will think:
      "Why would I by more clothes than I do now? But new weapons are cool, I guess"
      And never consider the impact on game balance. You cant do that on the forums, somebody will quickly point out that they are missing a couple of points.

Comment

Unfortunately, they dont care as much for game balance, more for profit. But the fact that some of the original Naysayers even folded and started paying is a big kick in the crotch for us. As I said, it was like the MW2 fiasco all over again, with a great deal of members of the Boycott MW2 Steam groups having a copy of the game upon release.

Its unfortunate, we will b***h about what we dont want but we will often fold under it anyway.

Comment

You mean this?

This makes me laugh.

Comment

Working...
          X