Wierd issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wierd issue

Ok so I just built a new rig http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1702137 which can be seen there. Been having issue after issue with this thing. Most of them I "think" revolve around a underpowered 500watt psu. But I go to install BC2 today, and it installs with no issue. When I launch it and it goes to the updater to get the latest patch, I runs for about a min or so and shuts the PC down. Same sort of issues I was having that made me think my PSU was underpowered. But what kind of stress would dl'n a patch create? I'm just lost here and looking for answers. As always, any help is appreciated.

Re: Wierd issue

When I had an underpowered PSU, the same thing happened to me in 2142. Until you replace your PSU, it can affect all kinds of different things.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
      When I had an underpowered PSU, the same thing happened to me in 2142. Until you replace your PSU, it can affect all kinds of different things.

Crunch

Ok man, Looks like a new psu is in order then. I found a nice Antec 850 for $140. Real good reviews. Either that or a Thermaltake 1000. Looks like i gotta just bite the bullet.

Comment

Well, I have the thermaltake 1000 and its pretty nice :eyebrows:

But yeah, until your psu is replaced, there is no telling what is causing all your issues. Low power can affect just about everything on a system.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Well the Antec 850 came down to $100. So I bought it and installed it. Ran the BC2 updater, it updated perfect. Click a server, within seconds the PC shuts down like ya pulled the plug out of the wall. I know the 850 is more than enough power. I'm lost now. Also with the 500watt I could not run the Win7 ratings in the control panel. It would shut the pc down. Well now it gets through most of it and still shuts down. Frustrated does not begin to explain......

*edit* just noticed there is a new BIOS out. Gonna dl that and see what happens.

Comment

Problem solved. My mobo has a Core Unlocker switch. Following the manual I set it to unlock. My Phenom has no locked cores so it caused all sorts of instability issues. Once I clicked the switch back, everything works fine now. I even have cpu temps showing up in HWM now. So......happy this is over with lol. Thanks for the help though!

Comment

Working...
            X