Bf3 can run 256 players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bf3 can run 256 players

That shouldn't be an issue though as maps can have boundary changes.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Cpt Nelson Crunch.

I thought hornblower was a true character?

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralPatton
        Off topic .. Your avatar makes me want to go "walk the dog" lol
        your so punny

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          That shouldn't be an issue though as maps can have boundary changes.

Crunch
          Is there any information about boundary changes?

I wouldn't expect DICE to do that much more extra work. Increasing a map size from 24 players to 128 is quite significant.
          Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

Originally posted by Anarchy1
            Is there any information about boundary changes?

I wouldn't expect DICE to do that much more extra work. Increasing a map size from 24 players to 128 is quite significant.
            No, no info on if that would be like BF2 and 2142 map styles or anything. Its just one way I could see them do that for console.

Crunch

Comment

I expect they could do it for 64 vs. 24, but 128 vs. 24 would take a lot of work. If you compare the BF2 64 player maps to the 16 player maps, you will see how much more they have to do. I would prefer they spent that time designing more and better maps for 64 players instead of a few 128 player maps.
              Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

I agree. Im just sayin...

Crunch

Comment

I'm sure it can be done internally but i have to believe the bandwidth requirements would far exceed what most server providers could deliver.

Comment

Originally posted by *FMJ*Power
                    I'm sure it can be done internally but i have to believe the bandwidth requirements would far exceed what most server providers could deliver.
                    Not to mention the cost of renting a 128 or 256 slot server, who has a couple grand of expendable income for that every year?

Comment

I would love to see 128 or 256 slot games. I mean huge servers are a completely different game for me. The stragety is different, and there is a different fun factor to it. It would at least be fun to test out 128. There would be no shortage of smaller servers to keep everyone happy. Screw consoles, quit holding us back.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster
                        I would love to see 128 or 256 slot games. I mean huge servers are a completely different game for me. The stragety is different, and there is a different fun factor to it. It would at least be fun to test out 128. There would be no shortage of smaller servers to keep everyone happy. Screw consoles, quit holding us back.
                        Its been stated that consoles weren't the issue and that they kept it to 64 because the gameplay wasn't as good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
                          Its been stated that consoles weren't the issue and that they kept it to 64 because the gameplay wasn't as good.
                          Well they couldn't focus on making maps optimized for huge battles because they had to accommodate for consoles. I'm glad were not being ridden by the consoles like BC, but it could still be better

Comment

Originally posted by Yoster
                            Well they couldn't focus on making maps optimized for huge battles because they had to accommodate for consoles. I'm glad were not being ridden by the consoles like BC, but it could still be better
                            Nope, I'm still pretty sure that wasn't why...

Comment

a real tank battle of 100 vs 100 armors would be insane

earlier i was watching some documentary on a tank battle in the golan heights during the arab/israeli war and the syrians sent in like hundreds of tanks at a time... i was thinking how epic it would be if we can do that in BF.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
                                a real tank battle of 100 vs 100 armors would be insane

earlier i was watching some documentary on a tank battle in the golan heights during the arab/israeli war and the syrians sent in like hundreds of tanks at a time... i was thinking how epic it would be if we can do that in BF.
                                It would probably be an out of control mess.

I think they want the game to retain some elements of skill and not just have it be a luck of the draw kind of thing, which is what it becomes when you have 200 people shooting at each other.

Comment

Working...
                                X