Bf3 can run 256 players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf3 can run 256 players

But can the maps! Like someone stated in the comments in the link, being able to use mod tools and perhaps make a 256 clash-fest could be interesting.:thumbsup:

Re: Bf3 can run 256 players

Yea, thats what I said.

I don't understand how they could know that 128 players wouldn't work if they've never playtested it though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kylee!
      Yea, thats what I said.

I don't understand how they could know that 128 players wouldn't work if they've never playtested it though.
      This is true. But I admit that I found in 2142 even that I slowly started moving towards playing 48 player servers more and more.

Maybe if they designed the maps specifically for 128 it would work, but that would be so big. You couldn't really keep track of everything going on. It'd be chaotic on a pub server in terms of teamwork. 16 players on a team is hard enough to keep track of.

Comment

Originally posted by jake_
        This is true. But I admit that I found in 2142 even that I slowly started moving towards playing 48 player servers more and more.

Maybe if they designed the maps specifically for 128 it would work, but that would be so big. You couldn't really keep track of everything going on. It'd be chaotic on a pub server in terms of teamwork. 16 players on a team is hard enough to keep track of.
        so lets have a commander!

Comment

Because they have playtested it.

I have more news on this that I will be posting later.

Crunch
          Twitter: @CptainCrunch
          Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Are you sure? They said only those within DICE have played the game, and I'm pretty sure they aren't larger than 128 people? Especially not 256.

Also, I would prefer less players if I wanted something more skill based and less random. The more players, the more variables that can be created and less 1 on 1 situations (or squad vs. squad operations). If I wanted something for good competition and judgement of skill then you would choose a less amount of players (not too little though, depending on the map I suppose). If I wanted something that was pretty epic then I would go for more players.

I really still think it all just depends on the size of the map.

Comment

We will see :awes

Crunch

Comment

God imagine the fighting over 5 vehicles with 256 players lol, think of how many vehicles u would need to keep everyone happy:shock:

Comment

I thought this would outrage Rambo, and yet hes joking about them having only 5 vehicles for use.

Comment

Base rape would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                      Rape would be awesome.
                      Say what Crunch?

Comment

I would prefer 128 players would be a mod. I'd rather play 64 player servers quite frankly. That is more than enough, especially on the maps they are designing (remember, they are also designing them for the 24 on consoles).

But yeah, 128 would be very fun. Epic, large scale battles. But leave that to the mods. If they allowed servers to be 128, almost everyone would be 128, and it would really limit the choices of servers and the amount of players spread out to each server.

Originally posted by Kylee!
                        Are you sure? They said only those within DICE have played the game, and I'm pretty sure they aren't larger than 128 people? Especially not 256.
                        According to Wiki, DICE has 300 employees.
                        Battlelog/Origin ID - Hurricane043

Comment

What kind of system would the pc gamers need to play on a server with 256 players? And what kind of server would you need? The minimum req would go way up. 256 is simply not practical for the game. As somebody said I also play more 48 player servers in 2142 rather than 64.

Comment

Well it worked for Joint Operations and that was over 5 years ago.

Comment

It'd probably be much harder to base rape with 128 people spawning in a base and probably upwards of 8 tanks per base, 2-4 choppers, and 8 jeeps, probably 4 AA turrets in the base, and somewhere around 8 grounded AT turrets.

Comment

Working...
                              X