So what the hell really happened?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what the hell really happened?

No leaks to say what really happened?I though someone might have said the truth by now.

I think we should ask this question becuase it might show its head in frostbite 2.0?

How could a game go from going to be released to in the bin?was it that flawed?I mean seriously what could of happened for the to press the abortion button?:dead:

Did they have a game on their error or something the wrong way around?.:laugh:

I was looking foreward to this only because it was a slight return to 1942 and a real purpose built battlefield with bunkers ect.

Re: So what the hell really happened?

From what I understand Frostbite 1.0 did not work well at all on PC and could not be ported over. I think they intended to have the game for PC, but those constraints made it harder than expected or impossible.

Now if the engine was Frostbite 1.5, I dont know what the deal was. Maybe by then they were deciding to start on Mirrors Edge, BC2, and MoH and were stretched too thin to try to port it.

Just my guesses.

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

I still think they should make it an expansion pack for maybe BF3 or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
        I still think they should make it an expansion pack for maybe BF3 or something like that.
        Heck yeah, we can always hope. I thought for sure they were going to do it for BC2, especially after they did Vietnam.

Crunch

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
          Heck yeah, we can always hope. I thought for sure they were going to do it for BC2, especially after they did Vietnam.

Crunch
          Well the fact that they did Vietnam for BC2 might lend a bit of truth to that hope. I could definitely see them have a WWII expansion for BF3 just like that.

Comment

Frankly, I don't see why PC gamers even wanted 1943 after seeing the "final product" on the consoles. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to return toWWII on the PC, but I sucked it up and bought it for the 360. Damn was it bad! People complaining about BF3, and pretty much every PC gamer in general would literally have died seeing only 3 kits with unlimited ammo, planes that flew in a straight line no matter what you did to it (i.e. no skill), and overall a terrible experience. Played for 2 days, never looked back. I can understand that people are pissed because it was a DICE promise, but really. It honestly would have tarnished the PC BF legacy more than even BC2 (although that cant be considered a real BF game).

I think they must have realized that their game would have failed hard on the PC and thus was not worth their time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mtrooper
              Frankly, I don't see why PC gamers even wanted 1943 after seeing the "final product" on the consoles. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to return toWWII on the PC, but I sucked it up and bought it for the 360. Damn was it bad! People complaining about BF3, and pretty much every PC gamer in general would literally have died seeing only 3 kits with unlimited ammo, planes that flew in a straight line no matter what you did to it (i.e. no skill), and overall a terrible experience. Played for 2 days, never looked back. I can understand that people are pissed because it was a DICE promise, but really. It honestly would have tarnished the PC BF legacy more than even BC2 (although that cant be considered a real BF game).

I think they must have realized that their game would have failed hard on the PC and thus was not worth their time.
              And that is your opinion and as such you are entitled to it. I for one found it fun to play on the consoles. Also who's to say that the game play was going to be the same on the PC as it was on the consoles. Of course you just assumed it would have been. But now we will never know.

Comment

I think people wanted 43 because it was an updated, improved upon 42. The price was right and the maps chosen where pretty good. The report from the console players said it was a great game as well.

The same reason why people want BF3 to be an updated BF2.

Crunch

Comment

If it's going to be an expansion to BF3, it'll be a DLC and it'll cost $$.

If I were a bettin' man, I'd put money on it.

Comment

I would call it more of Call of Duty with vehicles and classes. No teamwork and no skill were required. I'm just saying that 1943 is not close at all to 1942, save for the maps and setting.

Comment

I would call it more of Call of Duty with vehicles and classes. No teamwork and no skill were required. I'm just saying that 1943 is not close at all to 1942, save for the maps and setting.
                      That could be true, but it was also only on console, which has been proven to be difficult in the teamwork side of things.

Crunch

Comment

I played it more than enough on the console, definitely got my 15 bucks worth, and I thought it was fun.

I'm no sure what you're talking about with the planes... they were hard to get kills with, and it took a lot of practice to get good with them, especially for ground attack.

Comment

I really don't know what game you were playing but it was nothing like call of duty.

Comment

Yet again another person who expects teamwork playing with random people, I don't understand. Where was any of this miraculous teamwork in BF2?

As a matter of fact scrimming CoD4 required just as much or more teamwork than in BF2 holy damn.

Comment

Originally posted by groundedzero
                              If it's going to be an expansion to BF3, it'll be a DLC and it'll cost $$.

If I were a bettin' man, I'd put money on it.
                              almost all DLC will always cost money. Its a trend started in the call of duty series.

Comment

Working...
                              X