X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragon Age 2 Demo

Source
    Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age unlike ever before
    As promised, Electronic Arts and BioWare have released a playable demo for Dragon Age II, allowing gamers on all platforms to experience a portion of this action RPG sequel. In the demo, players will venture through the game's prologue, choosing from three different character classes. They'll also learn more about Hawke and hone their skills and abilities that will make them the ultimate hero. After finishing the prologue, players will enter a key new location in the world of Dragon Age, Kirkwall, befriending Isabela, a romantic interest in the game who is also a deadly smuggler. Upon completion of the demo, players will unlock a special weapon, Hayder's Razor, an ancient dwarven blade which increases health, mana, and combat abilities, in the full release of Dragon Age II. Dragon Age 2 is scheduled for release across North America on March 8th and in Europe on March 11, 2011.
    So depending on which version you have pre-ordered you will get an extra ingame item for completing the Demo.

The Demo is availble on Steam and also the Source link.

I'm looking forward to this game, Ive been bored the past few months waiting for March to come with the arrival of some great sequals.

Re: Dragon Age 2 Demo

To tell the truth and my oppinion I think the Xbox version controls alto better than PC version. I have played the demo on both platforms. It is a hack and slash button masher. Which to me controls better with a joystick than a mouse and keyboard.

Comment

Maybe, but you can plug whatever controller you like into a PC.
      And a console will not offer stuff like DX11 and Multimonitor support.

Interesting demo. I was considering buying the orginal after trying this, but €30 on Steam seems a bit expensive.

Comment

Vreki: I tried plugging my Xbox joystick up to my pc and it didn't work with the demo. But that option might not have been turned on for the demo.

Comment

Oh. Isn't there some kind of emulation software available?
          Btw, I gave in and bought Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition. Amazing willpower, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki
            Oh. Isn't there some kind of emulation software available?
            Btw, I gave in and bought Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition. Amazing willpower, right?
            The guy at Gamestop said that for the pc version you can choose between hack and slash button mashing or go tactical like from the first one. Not sure how much you can trust what a guy at Gamestop tells you though lol.

Comment

Anyone played the whole thing?

How long does it last?

Any good?

Comment

It's a 30 minutes demo and it's ok if you like action rpg. It's mostly the beginning (tutorial) and a little part of the story later.

The guy at Gamestop said that for the pc version you can choose between hack and slash button mashing or go tactical like from the first one. Not sure how much you can trust what a guy at Gamestop tells you though lol.
                I played both and the PC and Xbox version. There's less difference than between the PC and console version of the first DA (there was a tatical view on PC, no more in DA2), but the UI is better in DA2 on PC since it's easier to activate your skills with the skill bar instead of relying on 3 skills with X Y B, and you don't have to cycle between your fours chars just to throw a fireball. You can also designate a target just by clicking on an enemy, your char will automatically follow the enemy and hit him with the base attacks without you having to mash the A buttons. Though I heard you can activate auto-attack on console in the full game.

Comment

It was so boring :/

Comment

Originally posted by stilla-killa
                    To tell the truth and my oppinion I think the Xbox version controls alto better than PC version. I have played the demo on both platforms. It is a hack and slash button masher. Which to me controls better with a joystick than a mouse and keyboard.
                    I found this video, which may helpe some decide between PC and Xbox. Note that this is a DX9 video.

Comment

God just watching that video makes me bored.... Thank god I havent' started playing it yet.

And it's not all about graphics.

Comment

Working...
                      X